This economy Stimulous for dummies...

Thread starter #1

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Guys/Gals... Help me understand this.. This stimulous the preisdent is going to do.. am I understanding this right... They are just gonna mail me a check? Give me free Money?

If so, when?

Joe

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Guys/Gals... Help me understand this.. This stimulous the preisdent is going to do.. am I understanding this right... They are just gonna mail me a check? Give me free Money?

If so, when?

Joe
Well, technically it's not free money. It's yours. They took it from you in the first place, now they're going to give a little back.

In the meantime, to make up for the resulting revenue shortfall (spending will continue to increase regardless of tax receipts) they will borrow more money from the Chinese and pass on a larger debt to a future generation.

Last edited:

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Ratings
Well, technically it's not free money. It's yours. They took it from you in the first place, now they're going to give a little back.

In the meantime, to make up for the resulting revenue shortfall they will borrow more money from the Chinese and pass on a larger debt to a future generation.
and as I understand, they are gonna tax it too? NIce, taxing already taxed money.

I cant tell you how happy I am to do business with countries like china.

doctorj

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Bread and Circuses. We are becoming more like ancient Rome everyday. Keep the plebs happy with trinkets and maybe they won't notice what a horrible job their government is doing. I hope people take the money and still vote their sorry ***** out.

Banned #7

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Is it going to marked "Tax Refund"? Because I throw away most letters from the Federal Government unopened.

Tony in Brandon

A Hotty Toddy Saints Fan!
Ratings
State of MS taxes money that I get reimbursed for that is already taxed. So, no, not illegal. And remember, "NOTHING IS EVER FREE"

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Bread and Circuses. We are becoming more like ancient Rome everyday. Keep the plebs happy with trinkets and maybe they won't notice what a horrible job their government is doing. I hope people take the money and still vote their sorry ***** out.
Not to far off the mark.

saintfan

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
We don't borrow money from the Chinese. WE borrow from the Federal Reserve System at their discount rate.

As far as I know, the money we will receive in May-Aug (whenever), is not taxable. Seems to me that taxing an economic stimulus payout would be counter-productive. So naturally, taxing it would make sense to the federal government.

taygolf

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Ratings
that is the first I have heard about the tax rebate being taxed. That would be messed up but we are talking about our government!

How will they know where to mail my check to? I have moved since I filed taxes last year. I got a new house. will they know to send it to my new house?

T

Top Bottom