This economy Stimulous for dummies... (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Guys/Gals... Help me understand this.. This stimulous the preisdent is going to do.. am I understanding this right... They are just gonna mail me a check? Give me free Money?

If so, when?

Joe

Guys/Gals... Help me understand this.. This stimulous the preisdent is going to do.. am I understanding this right... They are just gonna mail me a check? Give me free Money?

If so, when?

Joe

Well, technically it's not free money. It's yours. They took it from you in the first place, now they're going to give a little back.

In the meantime, to make up for the resulting revenue shortfall (spending will continue to increase regardless of tax receipts) they will borrow more money from the Chinese and pass on a larger debt to a future generation.

Last edited:
Well, technically it's not free money. It's yours. They took it from you in the first place, now they're going to give a little back.

In the meantime, to make up for the resulting revenue shortfall they will borrow more money from the Chinese and pass on a larger debt to a future generation.

and as I understand, they are gonna tax it too? NIce, taxing already taxed money.

I cant tell you how happy I am to do business with countries like china.

Bread and Circuses. We are becoming more like ancient Rome everyday. Keep the plebs happy with trinkets and maybe they won't notice what a horrible job their government is doing. I hope people take the money and still vote their sorry ***** out.

Is it going to marked "Tax Refund"? Because I throw away most letters from the Federal Government unopened.

State of MS taxes money that I get reimbursed for that is already taxed. So, no, not illegal. And remember, "NOTHING IS EVER FREE"

Bread and Circuses. We are becoming more like ancient Rome everyday. Keep the plebs happy with trinkets and maybe they won't notice what a horrible job their government is doing. I hope people take the money and still vote their sorry ***** out.

Not to far off the mark.

Um, isn't that illegal?

I would think , and hope so? I am not sure if its true, im just going by what i heard on my local news last night, I tried googling details on the package but could find nothing on whether or not it was going to be taxed. So, My info may not be correct.

We don't borrow money from the Chinese. WE borrow from the Federal Reserve System at their discount rate.

As far as I know, the money we will receive in May-Aug (whenever), is not taxable. Seems to me that taxing an economic stimulus payout would be counter-productive. So naturally, taxing it would make sense to the federal government.

that is the first I have heard about the tax rebate being taxed. That would be messed up but we are talking about our government!

How will they know where to mail my check to? I have moved since I filed taxes last year. I got a new house. will they know to send it to my new house?

T

>>Stimulous for dummies

That would be stimulus. :hihi:

TPgeniuS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom