This entire defense has regressed (1 Viewer)

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Did Drew miss a few opportunities tonight? Sure. Did Drew check down a lot? Yup. Is he the reason we lost? No!

The Saints have gotten slaughtered by penalties game after game after game. The biggest culprits have been in the secondary with constant PI fouls and the disturbing part is that they've really been legit calls.

Marshon Lattimore has largely been a no show. Cam Jordan hasn't showed up. Alex Anzalone is overrunning everything. D-line isn't getting pressure. The opposing team's TE is killing us week after week, the only player I can say who is even competent right now is DeMario Davis.

Dennis Allen Aaron Glenn and the rest of the defensive staff have got to step up and say something or make a move on the defense. You give up 34 and 37 in back to back weeks. Who expects to win a football game like this?

They can’t generate pressure without blitzes. They can’t blitz without exposing their terribly undisciplined secondary.
When they do get pressure, they yield huge gains on TE drag plays and RB screens because our linebackers are slow and out of position regularly.

rinse. Repeat.

They can’t generate pressure without blitzes. They can’t blitz without exposing their terribly undisciplined secondary.
When they do get pressure, they yield huge gains on TE drag plays and RB screens because our linebackers are slow and out of position regularly.
this.... 100%

Even our blitzes are getting picked up. IDK why our DL went from beast mode to rat squeak.

It's not going to get much better from here on out.

Really can't blame injuries (at least offensively we can point to Thomas missing).

So reality needs to set in that we are gonna have to slug it out and win these 34-30 games.

Coaching is atrocious. Letting Nolan go was a HUGE mistake. Should have been DA
Nolan has been a disaster with the cowboys thus far. And he's got one of the best accumulation of pass rushers in all of football.

Although I agree DA should have been released of his duties after the Minneapolis miracle.

Too much talent on defense especially in the secondary to be playing like this

Last year they were 15th, but there's no way 14 other teams had better defensive talent that the Saints.

Allen is being dragged along by talent. Which is why the defense gets exposed every year in the playoffs.

Now that the talent is struggling to play as one unit, Allen's deficiencies as a DC are once again being exposed.

Our defense can’t get key stops at key moments in the game . This defense is also a terrible come from behind defense they are just not built to make dynamic plays . I believe the packers only punted once this game. The only time I can recall is having a legit game changing defense was in 2009, otherwise we have always been a bend but don’t break defense which was fine because our offense was so dynamic.

Let’s be honest we always knew Drew Brees covered up our defensive issues over the years . I mean teams knew they had to score at least 28 points to be competitive against us but that’s not the case .

Our offense needs to become a more ground based , ball control offense . We need to run the clock out on teams by limiting their possessions.. The more defensive possessions we have to play the more points we will give up , the issue now is that we don’t have an offense capable of out scoring teams .

I really thought our secondary would be better than what they are , but the biggest disappointment on our team is the defensive line . Our defensive line is awful and I do not know how much of that is hurting our secondary. The saints have invested a ton of resources in that unit and they stink right now

I wasn't aware Nolan was so bad this year.

There is just something very wrong here and change never seems to happen. The only good players on that side seem to come from other teams and then regress. Davis is the only exception since he is such a baller

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom