This ESPN writer bold enough to state the obvious about Brady (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score

"Did you see Brady's first 85-yard drive and 2-yard touchdown plunge of the rest of his life Sunday?

How many times do you think an AFC East team would have effectively folded on command right there, and resigned itself to a long day at the office while Brady built another monument to himself at that team's expense?

But the New Orleans Saints are not the New York Jets, or the Miami Dolphins, or even the Buffalo Bills, who might actually be strong enough this year to win a playoff game for the first time in a quarter century. The Saints are not just a team; they're a program. "

I think Brady made a fatal mistake that will haunt his legacy for a long time.

The Pats could still win that division if they get the 75 yard rushing (2 TDs) version of Cam Newton. They showed yesterday they can still win games with mistake free game management and great defense. It's how they'll win most of their games this season.

Brady on the other hand won't be so fortunate. And he won't have any excuse about lack of weapons.

He should have retired after beating the lifeless Rams. Instead he's now one game from tying Matt Schaub for most consecutive games throwing a pick 6 (4 games).

Last edited:
It’s been ONE GAME.

Those who said they will win the division are just as stupid as those who say after one game (close game with two INT’s and a blocked FG) that the bucs gamble failed. It’s been ONE GAME.
This is true, but the results speak for themselves that when Payton wins the first game of the season, it's at least a playoff-caliber season. But that's only speaking for us, not the Bucs.

Its been only one game but Arians teams all share one common trait, lack of discipline. It was on display in AZ, last year in impressive fashion in Tampa and it showed its head yesterday. N.O got into Tampa's head yesterday and clearly won the mind game

"Did you see Brady's first 85-yard drive and 2-yard touchdown plunge of the rest of his life Sunday?

How many times do you think an AFC East team would have effectively folded on command right there, and resigned itself to a long day at the office while Brady built another monument to himself at that team's expense?

But the New Orleans Saints are not the New York Jets, or the Miami Dolphins, or even the Buffalo Bills, who might actually be strong enough this year to win a playoff game for the first time in a quarter century. The Saints are not just a team; they're a program. "

I think Brady made a fatal mistake that will haunt his legacy for a long time.

The Pats could still win that division if they get the 75 yard rushing (2 TDs) version of Cam Newton. They showed yesterday they can still win games with mistake free game management and great defense. It's how they'll win most of their games this season.

Brady on the other hand won't be so fortunate. And he won't have any excuse about lack of weapons.

He should have retired after beating the lifeless Rams. Instead he's now one game from tying Matt Schaub for most consecutive games throwing a pick 6 (4 games).

Fortunately for us, Brady does not have SP, the greatest offensive mind in football, to design an entire offense around. Brees is an aging QB, still flat out great, but aging. I think a few years after Brees retires, we will see just how genius SPs scheming has been for Brees the last few years.

Yesterday, Brees passes in the air were the 2nd shortest of all QBs this week including the 40-yarder to Cook. Brees doesn't have the arm and he's not as quick escaping a collapsing pocket. All that said, we man handled a very good team yesterday who knows how to beat us.

Its been only one game but Arians teams all share one common trait, lack of discipline. It was on display in AZ, last year in impressive fashion in Tampa and it showed its head yesterday. N.O got into Tampa's head yesterday and clearly won the mind game
I have to agree with you. I saw a change in body language right before half time. Brady was mortal and the Bucs looked shaky. They fought back in the third quarter but the trick play broke them. I expect a very angry team in round two but I think the Saints just have the NFC South figured out.

Wow.. I mean Wow... A national writer wrote the TRUTH?? Again Wow..... The supposed GOAT had free reign for 20 years in a conference on par with the SEC East.... He walked into training camp and was assured a first round bye in the playoffs... During that time Drew faced two teams that made it to the Super Bowl and multiple times in a conference that had two, sometimes three, playoff teams...

Did I say WOW? Somebody gets it... DB = GOAT and it is not even close....

Wow.. I mean Wow... A national writer wrote the TRUTH?? Again Wow..... The supposed GOAT had free reign for 20 years in a conference on par with the SEC East.... He walked into training camp and was assured a first round bye in the playoffs... During that time Drew faced two teams that made it to the Super Bowl and multiple times in a conference that had two, sometimes three, playoff teams...

Did I say WOW? Somebody gets it... DB = GOAT and it is not even close....
If this all goes south for Tom (pun very much intended), we will undoubtedly hear the excuse, well he WAS 43 when he went to Tampa.

This is true, but the results speak for themselves that when Payton wins the first game of the season, it's at least a playoff-caliber season. But that's only speaking for us, not the Bucs.
Funny you said that because on the NFL Network they said Brady has only lost the first game of the season 5 times before....and all 5 times he made the Superbowl. I really hope that streak is broken this year. Btw, I think it does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom