This game has trap written all over it! (1 Viewer)

Yes...I believe the Eagles are in depression mode. They should be depressed having to play the hot Saints in the Superdome. I would be in depression mode too.

Hear me out before you give me a thumbs down. Eagles are in depression mode must win game for them they are going to play the saints very hard. If we get the saints at home in the first half against the rams should win by 21+, but if the saints of the 2nd half show up this game could be close. Saints better bring there A game because I'm pretty sure the desperate eagles will!

People are going to post this trap crap every week until someone gets it right. A game at home? With the number one seed on the line? Against the SB champs? This is as far from a trap game as a game can be. If we lose it’ll be because we beat ourselves, not bc of the Eagles or some theory of a trap game.

Philly has only lost to good defensive teams, it's won against offensive teams like ATL , even early when ATL had no injuries

Philly has only lost to good defensive teams, it's won against offensive teams like ATL

Newsflash... the Eagles lost to the Bucs and the Panthers. Both of those teams have much better offenses than defenses this year.

In theory, every game has the potential to be a trap game when you’re the consensus #1 team in the NFL. If no one is on your level, then you’re playing down the competition every game. Therefore, this trap game talk increases exponentially. Same thing in 09. We had these threads when we faced the Redskins, Rams, Bills.. all “trap” games that year. I think we know how that ended. We are dialed in. Relax, guys. Enjoy the ride.

The Super Bowl Champs are coming to town. So let’s look to next week?

It’s only mid season. Nothing is in the bag.

The Saints won’t overlook the Eagles, because Philly can win this game. Turnovers change everything.

Playoff implications riding on this game. The Eagles are players in the NFC East. We need all the victories against division leaders we can get for playoff seeding.

Trap? Only the fans are overconfident.

Not a trap game but Philly has a better shot than they've been given credit. If their d-line causes problems and their passing game is in sync it could be close. If not we'll cover. Offense needs to keep playing clean. I'd like to see our D-line cause problems with their tackles banged up.

Saints players aren't taking this game lightly; They will be laser focused. They know Home Field is on the line.

If their d-line causes problems and their passing game is in sync it could be close.

I think this game may come down to whether or not the Saints O will have success running the ball. The Eagles D is giving up 4.7 ypc, but teams are only attempting less than 20 runs per game against them. I think Sean will attempt to run the ball a lot against the Eagles wide-nine defense. Here is a good, short video explaining how the Eagles wide-nine can be exploited on the ground (IMO we have the 2 backs and blocking to do this):

https://www.vikings.com/video/film-room-attacking-eagles-wide-9-defense-17922846

The Saints know they can't miss a beat for HFA. They can't afford to overlook any team. They will be ready for the Eagles. There won't be any trap game this season.

A trap game is only a trap game if you allow it too be, This Saints team is focused and are playing with the same mindset they had in 2009. the next game is the one thats important. Win and everything else takes care of itself.

No trap. Pretty sure there's still motivation to show the country what would have happened to the Eagles if we didn't let the 'Minnesota Miracle' happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom