This game left me optimistic about our chances in the postseason. (1 Viewer)

Dr. Sting

Veteran
Reaction score
I know this loss hurts, but hear me out. We put up 46 points against the best defense in the league without our starting tight end and a banged up O-line. for most of the game. Our defense had an off day (understatement) and there were some really questionable calls against us. We also had 2/3s of our LB corps out and the Niners came in healthy and Jimmy G had an atypical day that he's not likely to repeat. The Niners are really good. We were supposed to lose this game.

However, I don't believe the Niners can beat us twice, I don't care where we play them. When you have teams at this level it's damn near impossible to beat them twice. Look at what happened to us last year with the Rams. I am more concerned about having to go back to Seatlle to be perfectly honest.

This team is battle tested and the offense is starting to gel. Our D is the best it's been in years. When they heal up, they will return to form. Assuming we're healthy I feel strongly that we'll get them next time. Keep your heads up Who Dat Nation-- better times lie ahead.

Last edited:
We fought hard and had a real chance to win this game. We didn't get "destroyed" and this wasn't an "easy win" like the Whiners fans were saying it was going to be all week. I feel really good about the rest of the season if we can get some key players healthy.

I'm mad about the loss but 49ers had to use trick plays to beat us. Their vaunted D couldn't stop what we have been running for 13 years.

Exactly. Everyone needs to calm down. We went into the game worrying about our offense. Clearly they have turned the corner. Our defense can ball, they just have a key guys injured and others playing banged up.

The 53 guys in that locker room ain't scare of playing the Niners on the road or wherever, I can assure you that. Let's do it again and see what happens. I can't wait.

I don't actually live in New Orleans anymore so it gives me a different perspective when I watch the games. Granted, I saw the issues we had today, but I also see the team more objectively than when I was sitting in the dome.

The Saints are good-- really good and balanced. A bad game on defense doesn't erase that. Do you think 49er fans are saying "we gave up 46, our defense sucks-- no way we beat the Sehawks or Rams. Man we're done!"?

The Niners had everything go right and barely won. If they or their fans believe they are waaaaay better than the Saints, then trust me-- the Saints have them right where they want them.

Not really worried about this one.

Yes the defense was not great yet to get the production against us they pulled everything out of the trick play bag.

Come on they had a fullback option! They needed a wr pass!

It is not like they lined up and beat the ball down our throats. It was a bunch of misdirection.

No. This was our shot. You can’t expect our offense to put up 46 every game in order to make up for our defensive problems. We needed to win today. Offense did it’s job. We may never play this well offensively again this year. Our defense needs to uphold their end.

OP nothing against you personally. But this is the textbook definition of moral victory.

Cool. Not taking it personally. We lost today. No moral victories in this league. I am just saying what I see.

Undertand, I don't live and die with the Saints like I used to, so I guess a loss doesn't hurt as much for me. A lot has happened in my life to where a sports team can't ruin my week anymore. I can look at it more objectively now.

If the Saints are healthy, they are the only NFC team with a 1st ballot hall of fame QB. They have a top coach. They have the best wide receiver in the NFL. Their offensive and defensive lines are full on beasts. They have a pro bowl corner and ball hawking safety (Bell). They are deep as is evidenced by the fact that they can take the so called "best team" in the conference down to the wire with a ton of injuries and beat the "2nd best team" (Seattle) on the road with a back up QB.

So you tell me-- What am I missing?

This Saints team fought and clawed hard in this game. Many players stepped up big. Ginn had a huge game. Cook was sizzling until an injury and TreQuan Smith answered the call in a really clutch situation.

I also think the 49ers had to reveal a lot trickery this game. The Saints will be better prepared for it.

Who do you trust more in a rematch, Jimmy G or Drew Brees? All I heard all week it that their defense was licking their chops to play against a pocket QB. How did that work out for them?

They have over a decade of film on us and that's the best they got? We've seen their little tricks now. Bring it on.

This Saints team fought and clawed hard in this game. Many players stepped up big. Ginn had a huge game. Cook was sizzling until an injury and TreQuan Smith answered the call in a really clutch situation.

I also think the 49ers had to reveal a lot trickery this game. The Saints will be better prepared for it.

We are thinking alike.

I think Kyle tried so hard to outwit Payton that he showed far too much of his gimmick gameplan. Similar to McVay throwing everything at us only to be figured out by Belichick in the SB.

I feel more confident after this loss than I did some of our wins. I have a feeling that the Saints go on a tear all the way through Miami to the Championship parade down St. Charles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom