This game showing how bad we were? (1 Viewer)

No, the score was 6-3 going into the middle of the 3rd. Our defense played well last week until the end of the game. Taylor has always been inconsistent with flashes here and there.
I do feel like we should have gotten more pressure on him last Sunday but you know what, we won, it’s over, on to the Falcons.

Browns playing on a short week after being on the road following a tough, tough, close loss.

I expected the Browns to look sloppy. Now with Mayfield in, they'll be energized and you'll probably see a better performance overall.

In terms of wins or losses for most sports teams, actually it does get viewed at that way.
At least in the short-term, day-to-day analysis. Linear analysis depends mostly on how sports teams prepare, engage, analyze both the positives and negatives learned from previous games and apply to future situations in future games whether it's the next game in 3 days or next 2-3 games.

The Browns have some talent and now that they moved to Mayfield they are going to give some people some problems. The only thing that bothered me, as it has for some time, is that at least in the first half the Jets were able to put a pretty relentless rush on Taylor and it just looks like other teams have an easier time more consistently affecting the QB.

But this is where fan speculation ends because I don't know what the calls are on a given play and how the scheme is working to account for the QB running etc. And once Mayfield got in there the Jets' rush was less effective.

I just want to see the Saints be able to consistently get after the QB at some point because ability to do that better is going to determine how far this team can go.

Last edited:
The Saints sacked Taylor 3 times last week with 4 QB hits.

Again, the Saints defensive problems continue to be confusion and terrible technique on the back end. Who's the leader back there? Probably a 2nd year guy...so there you go.

The only that bothered me, as it has for some time, is that at least in the first half the Jets were able to put a pretty relentless rush on Taylor and it just looks like other teams have an easier time more consistently affect...

But this is where fan speculation ends because I don't know what the calls are on a given play and how the scheme is working to account for the QB running etc. And once Mayfield got in there the Jets' rush was less effective.

I just want to see the Saints be able to get after the QB at some point because ability to do that better is going to determine how far this team can go.

Agree fully on this. Our pass rush doesnt seem to consistently affect the QB.

Not sure if its scheme or injuries or effort

Agree fully on this. Our pass rush doesnt seem to consistently affect the QB.

Not sure if its scheme or injuries or effort
And, I don't mean every play. We just see long stretches within or across games where we just aren't getting close or penetrating.

But I agree, while Davenport is learning to finish, he is showing he could be a force and getting close consistently.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom