This game showing how bad we were? (2 Viewers)

Negative.

Historically we struggle mightily against the Browns. They also now have some talent on D. We found a way to win. No matter what happens moving forward that win showed resolve and that is encouraging. The Browns have felled us many times when they were terribad, this season they have some punch.

The Browns have some talent and now that they moved to Mayfield they are going to give some people some problems. The only thing that bothered me, as it has for some time, is that at least in the first half the Jets were able to put a pretty relentless rush on Taylor and it just looks like other teams have an easier time more consistently affecting the QB.

But this is where fan speculation ends because I don't know what the calls are on a given play and how the scheme is working to account for the QB running etc. And once Mayfield got in there the Jets' rush was less effective.

I just want to see the Saints be able to consistently get after the QB at some point because ability to do that better is going to determine how far this team can go.
Jets blitzed A LOT early in the game. Maybe Saints could have employed a game plan like that, but with the way the corners got cooked and Fitz ran all over, I wouldn't have been comfortable with a blitz heavy scheme.

Tyrod looks absolutely terrible today. Does it imply that our defense was so bad that we made him look halfway decent last week?

Anyways sorry for new thread - posting from my phone on the road. Feel free to merge me

The Bills made the playoffs last year with Taylor starting at QB. He's an average QB who has good games sometimes. The game was a defensive battle until late in the 3rd. I'd say the Offense is more to blame than the defense for last week being a nail biter, and Drew Brees said the same earlier this week.

I'm a big proponent of having our starters playing more in the preseason. It takes so long for us to get up to speed.

I'm hoping to see some defensive improvement against the 'Birds...

There’s an article up on NFL.com where the many of our key starters on defense saying that we’ve played poorly/embarrassing so far.

Negative.

Historically we struggle mightily against the Browns. They also now have some talent on D. We found a way to win. No matter what happens moving forward that win showed resolve and that is encouraging. The Browns have felled us many times when they were terribad, this season they have some punch.

Previous history (results) have zero to do with the next occurence when it comes to football. With each game, it is a 50/50 chancea team will win. Thre are so many factors that come into play, the previous results have aboslutely zero to do with the next game.

Previous history (results) have zero to do with the next occurence when it comes to football. With each game, it is a 50/50 chancea team will win. Thre are so many factors that come into play, the previous results have aboslutely zero to do with the next game.

Respectfully disagree.
We have teams we historically struggle against.
And some, that we don’t.

I do obviously agree that each Sunday is filled with the chance for new narratives. As is each season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom