This Game was all on Coach (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I live in Las Vegas but was born and raised in Bos
When TB was behind center CP knew he couldn't take off any days. Brees is a security blanket for him. Brees is a 40yr old QB.. At this point in his career he is an elite game manager and there's nothing wrong with that. Use the same game plan you were running with TB but you have the added bonus of Brees capable throws. Murray should have had more carries.. The one positive is this loss was well timed.. It was enough to provide a wake-up call and enough time for us to get back into a good rhythm

This would be correct. Whenever a team comes out this flat it all has to do with the preparation during the week.

Just look at that 3rd and goal play on the first drive, looked like Kamara totally forgot the play. This team sleptwalk through practice this week, i don't care what Armstead said on Monday.

That's on Payton. Too bad the team wasn't as engaged as he was this past week.

Last edited:
When TB was behind center CP knew he couldn't take off any days. Brees is a security blanket for him. Brees is a 40yr old QB.. At this point in his career he is an elite game manager and there's nothing wrong with that. Use the same game plan you were running with TB but you have the added bonus of Brees capable throws. Murray should have had more carries.. The one positive is this loss was well timed.. It was enough to provide a wake-up call and enough time for us to get back into a good rhythm
I can agree with this. Just like Brees makes receivers better, TB makes Coach better. And no, this isn't a "play TB" thread - just agree that CSP needs to coach like he has TB in the game.

No knock on brees but I think brees does a lot more play changing at the line of scrimmage than TB did resulting in a totally different outcome. TB seemed to roll with each play CSP called vs Brees changing a lot more plays before the ball is snapped. They said it on tv yesterday it was a run play called but brees threw it to Thomas instead. So is it really bad playcalling my CSP or perhaps bad pre snap reading by drew..

No knock on brees but I think brees does a lot more play changing at the line of scrimmage than TB did resulting in a totally different outcome. TB seemed to roll with each play CSP called vs Brees changing a lot more plays before the ball is snapped. They said it on tv yesterday it was a run play called but brees threw it to Thomas instead. So is it really bad playcalling my CSP or perhaps bad pre snap reading by drew..
[/Q only thing I blame coach Sean Payton for is that he did not pull Drew Brees if you see on the first two drive after halftime that Drew Brees was still struggling you should have put Bridgewater in you cannot jeopardize a whole team for one person you got to look out for the betterment of the whole team is not like he's being benched 4 the season just like in baseball when a manager see that his Ace pitcher doesn't
have it on that day he relieving him maybe someone else could have sparked the offense

Remember what happened the last time TB came in to replace Drew after a week of game planning for Drew to run the offense and not TB? It's not at all the same as pulling a starting pitcher in baseball.

Remember what happened the last time TB came in to replace Drew after a week of game planning for Drew to run the offense and not TB? It's not at all the same as pulling a starting pitcher in baseball.
Not the same situation at all Teddy has practice with the first-team offense for over five weeks Sean Payton know how to go back calling the play that he called when Teddy was running the offense while Brees out injured for the life of me I do not understand how most people on this board act like Drew Brees cannot be replaced

Not the same situation at all Teddy has practice with the first-team offense for over five weeks Sean Payton know how to go back calling the play that he called when Teddy was running the offense while Brees out injured for the life of me I do not understand how most people on this board act like Drew Brees cannot be replaced
A lot of you guys on this board sounds just like that when LSU just kept losing with less miles and didn't want to get rid of him saying who we going 2 get to replace him and look like LSU is doing great without him the Saints will move on without Brees. Don't get me wrong Brees was great and its prime but if Prime is no longer

And furthermore what was it going to hurt to put another quarterback in because they lost the game anyway by blow out fashion so the point you made about what happened the last time Teddy came in for brees doesn't make any sense

When TB was behind center CP knew he couldn't take off any days. Brees is a security blanket for him.
Not just for Sean Payton, but for the whole team, as well.

I'm sure no Saints were panicking down 13-9 or 16-9, perhaps thinking that "Brees can get us back". However -- maybe a little panicking/urgency really was required at that point.

Didn't it just seem like when Brees was out, the remainder of the squad was a lot tighter and more precise with execution, beating the man in front of them, etc.? And even the game Brees returned against Arizona ... the overall team seemed to still be in that same mode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom