This goes down as arguably the best play calling game of Sean Payton's Saints career (1 Viewer)

Given the circumstances.

I hope y'all can appreciate the obstacles we faced today trying to get the ball down the field.

We never punted.
I appreciate what you're saying. But great play calls, means big plays. Catching a defense out of position, a WR running loose. A defense shifting one direction, while the ball carrier goes another way.

The play calling was great. But that was taking what the defense gave us. The best play calling of his career? Nah.

But like you said the obstacles the Saints had to overcome, great call this game.

I'd say maybe the best team performance on offense due to the injuries we had. But I think there might be some better play calling games.
Just a few that come to mind in no particular order:
-@ Bills in 2017 when we almost ran for 300 yards
-vs Washington 2018 when Brees broke the passing yards record
-vs Rams 2018 regular season 40+ put up on them

Given the circumstances.

I hope y'all can appreciate the obstacles we faced today trying to get the ball down the field.

We never punted.

Its one of the best I've seen him call in awhile. I was calling for them to really switch things up and try something different. We have so many weapons. Even without our top 2 WRs. We've looked pedestrian all year while still putting up 30pts a game. Offense came out really sharp today. Still only 27 pts, but we looked good today. (on that side of the ball at least). If we didn't have a backup left tackle and a boneheaded secondary, this game would not have been close.

The third down offense was dialed in, that's for sure.

Am I crazy or did SP once hang like 62 points on the Manning-led Colts? That had to be his best play calling game in my mind.

Kamara had some losses behind the los as well...but the big runs almost always offset the losses.
That's the way the NFL is.
I agree but the "pound the ball" crowd talks like we have Earl Campbell back there and SP won't use him or something.

Given the circumstances.

We never punted.
No. I can think of tons of games better but just of top my head any game last year with drew hurt not playing was better than today.

The only call I disagreed with all game, was taking Drew out to throw a 2 yard pass from Taysom to Hill. That was pretty pointless.
They didn’t put Taysom in to throw it 2 yards. His first read was downfield, but he was covered. Would you rather a sack? He made the right decision on that play.

They didn’t put Taysom in to throw it 2 yards. His first read was downfield, but he was covered. Would you rather a sack? He made the right decision on that play.
Has nothing to do with Taysom. Drew was on fire and moving the team downfield. Why take him off the field?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom