This has to be a first for any NFL team (1 Viewer)

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
The Saints will start off the season by having the top 4 broadcasting crews for each network doing their
first 4 games of the season. I don't think even the Pats, Packers, Cowboys or Steelers can lay claim to that.

Texans ESPN Tessitore/McFarland
Rams Fox Buck/Aikman
Seahawks CBS Nantz/Romo
Cowboys NBC Michaels/Collinsworth

Rams Fox Buck/Aikman
Seahawks CBS Nantz/Romo
I might have missed a memo ... but why is there an NFC-vs-NFC game on CBS? Are the conferences no longer split on the main two networks anymore? Used to be NFC on FOX, AFC on CBS.

The Saints will start off the season by having the top 4 broadcasting crews for each network doing their
first 4 games of the season. I don't think even the Pats, Packers, Cowboys or Steelers can lay claim to that.

Rams Fox Buck/Aikman
Seahawks CBS Nantz/Romo

I don't disagree with you characterizing these guys as the "best", but it still amazes me that these guys are the best a multi-billion dollar industry has to offer.

I hate the Sunday Night Football crew. Collinsworth is just so annoying, IMO. Such a know it all who is frequently wrong and then when he gets called on it he just shrugs it off and pretends like he was right anyway.

I don't mind Collinsworth so much even when he's being annoying it's fun to rip him because he annoys EVERYONE but Michaels is starting to slip a bit.

In any case it's certainly a step up from getting Ronde Barber and Kenny Albert every week. *shudders*

I might have missed a memo ... but why is there an NFC-vs-NFC game on CBS? Are the conferences no longer split on the main two networks anymore? Used to be NFC on FOX, AFC on CBS.

"After a Broncos-Vikings game was moved to Fox in 2011 because of Fox having a lack of games, the NFL permanently instituted a "cross-flex" policy in 2014 allowing Fox games to be moved to CBS and CBS games moved to Fox to protect each local market; this effectively guarantees each Fox and CBS affiliate in a team's primary market to carry at least one game from the team during the season. With CBS later also picking up most Thursday games, which are not designated by conference, CBS will air many more NFC games than Fox will air AFC games. For example, when Fox aired AFC game during week 6 of the 2014 season, CBS had already aired four NFC games to that point in the season (two on Thursdays and two on Sundays). (FOX aired Bills @ Chicago Bears week 1.)"

I don't mind Collinsworth so much even when he's being annoying it's fun to rip him because he annoys EVERYONE but Michaels is starting to slip a bit.

In any case it's certainly a step up from getting Ronde Barber and Kenny Albert every week. *shudders*
Someone posted on twitter last week during the game that "Michaels obviously started hitting the hooch a little earlier than usual for this game."

Of those 4, I can only tolerate Nantz / Romo. Actually, Tessitore is growing on me a little bit, but Booger needs to go.
Booger is awful. I mean, rambling and saying absolutely nothing for 30 seconds straight which leaves an awkward silence after he's done while they try to figure out how to outro from that garbage he just spewed.

I'd almost forgotten they exist until reading this post. *shudders* is right. We'll have them for both Tampa games for sure, since it seems like Ronde only calls Tampa games.

Rams Fox Buck/Aikman
Seahawks CBS Nantz/Romo
Proof that the networks really know who butters their bread. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom