This has to be the single dumbest idea in Saints fan history (1 Viewer)

Congratulation. You have invented a new word and I like it. Stupidiry - The act of suggesting that the Saints should replace our HOF QB with either Matt Ryan or Cam Newton.
YES!

However, I'd like to think that "stupidiry" is a bit more inclusive than the act you propose. More like any absolutely absurd football based theory. We've had several such of late on this forum that clearly would benefit from being labeled as stupidiry.

Love the new word. Should become an SR standard.

Payton might be able to rehabilitate Ryan. Newton might have made a good TE. If he wasn't such a puddy tat.

Matt who?? Cam What?? lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same page has also has this head line

BREAKING: Patriots Strike Blockbuster Trade For Tom Brady
  • a76bc3931d43c52d2b4c7600b0a050b5
  • by
    Matthew Schmidt
  • April 1, 2019

I never thiught a typo would create a new word, but hey I'm good to roll with it. That word can really get some use in the offseason.

On another note who thinks this could be the author.

parents3.jpg

Share? I can't get that stupidiry out of my head. Need to replace it (the stupidiry, not my head). LSD would work nicely.

Wish I could, my dude. I much prefer psilocybin, I have that on hand. I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around some of the posts/content on this forum over the last few weeks. We're beating tough teams, in their house, without Drew, PJ, AK, Cook, and some other notables, and now we're seeing the weirdest threads crop up about doing careless deals and roster moves that cry of desperation.

The only team we'd have a very tough time with right now with the current set of actives would be the Pats. Yeah, we'd kill the 9ers. Outside of that, Drew and AK are back 100% after the BYE and we literally have an embarrassment of riches of a roster. Murray had an All-Star game vs one of the top rushing defenses in the NFL and we've barely used him. Teddy can be a starter for almost any team thinking about a QB. Ginn came out strong. Taysom is some Lovecraftian creature of a football player. D-Line are probably the best in the league over the least few games and getting better. There's still some issues like finding a surefire WR3/4, figuring out which TE is going to do what consistently, and same for CB's.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing. Some stat line or intangible (like the refs LOL). I worry about losing, this isn't a boast of supreme confidence, this is a rant about why all the tangents for positions we're happy with. It's like some of us are asking to create more roster problems instead of figuring out how to fix the minor ones we have.

My longest post ever. Promise it won't happen again.

Stupid, yes.

Idk if it’s the dumbest in Saints history.

I recall a few years ago someone on here wanted to trade Brees for Chris Johnson

Wish I could, my dude. I much prefer psilocybin, I have that on hand. I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around some of the posts/content on this forum over the last few weeks. We're beating tough teams, in their house, without Drew, PJ, AK, Cook, and some other notables, and now we're seeing the weirdest threads crop up about doing careless deals and roster moves that cry of desperation.

The only team we'd have a very tough time with right now with the current set of actives would be the Pats. Yeah, we'd kill the 9ers. Outside of that, Drew and AK are back 100% after the BYE and we literally have an embarrassment of riches of a roster. Murray had an All-Star game vs one of the top rushing defenses in the NFL and we've barely used him. Teddy can be a starter for almost any team thinking about a QB. Ginn came out strong. Taysom is some Lovecraftian creature of a football player. D-Line are probably the best in the league over the least few games and getting better. There's still some issues like finding a surefire WR3/4, figuring out which TE is going to do what consistently, and same for CB's.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing. Some stat line or intangible (like the refs LOL). I worry about losing, this isn't a boast of supreme confidence, this is a rant about why all the tangents for positions we're happy with. It's like some of us are asking to create more roster problems instead of figuring out how to fix the minor ones we have.

My longest post ever. Promise it won't happen again.
Naw. Great post. Do more, not less.

And I agree with your take whole heartedly.

Stupid, yes.

Idk if it’s the dumbest in Saints history.

I recall a few years ago someone on here wanted to trade Brees for Chris Johnson
Well, of late, there has been a lot of stupidiry being spread with regard to benching Bridgewater for Hill....even with 5 wins under his belt. I mean, I respect people's opinions but that kind of stupidiry is simply absurd on its face.

Writer's bio from that website:
Mark Wilson
NBA is life for Mark T. Wilson who also goes by the name BXReporter. Mark is a lifelong fan of the NBA, Born and raised in North Philadelphia before moving to NYC. He now resides in Da Bronx where he spends his spare time covering the NBA.

He should stick to the NBA cause that article just proves he don't know sheet about the NFL.

I mean the premise of the article isn’t wrong: if Drew retires we are unlikely to have access to a high-calibre rookie QB because of our record.

Ryan is a better QB than Bridgewater right now but Teddy continues on the upward curve. I’m not sure that’s the case with Newton at this point in time (and his recent injury history concerns me). I’m sure Cam would come in the conversation for any team in the market for a QB though - there are guys with far lower ceilings than him getting paid more than $18m per year right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom