This has to be the single dumbest idea in Saints fan history (1 Viewer)

I mean the premise of the article isn’t wrong: if Drew retires we are unlikely to have access to a high-calibre rookie QB because of our record.

Ryan is a better QB than Bridgewater right now but Teddy continues on the upward curve. I’m not sure that’s the case with Newton at this point in time (and his recent injury history concerns me). I’m sure Cam would come in the conversation for any team in the market for a QB though - there are guys with far lower ceilings than him getting paid more than $18m per year right now.

If, and I think this is a big if, we have to think about replacing Drew after this season, then I would trust Payton to find a undrafted rookie he could mold before considering either of these two with the price tag they will come with.

If, and I think this is a big if, we have to think about replacing Drew after this season, then I would trust Payton to find a undrafted rookie he could mold before considering either of these two with the price tag they will come with.

Coach Payton deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to decisions about offensive personnel. In the main though, that is a really low-percentage strategy which generally isn't suitable for a team in "win now" mode. Who was the last rookie QB we took? Garrett Grayson? I'm not even sure he lasted a full season.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom