This IMHO is what Reggie Bush could be.... (1 Viewer)

as much as i love Reggie..he cant hold Barry's jock....I whole heartedly agree that Barry is the best RB in league history....ill be excited when Reggie can produce like Brian Westbrook, and then if we are lucky, Marshall Faulk....

....he wont EVER get close to barry....

Please prove me wrong Reggie!!!

as much as i love Reggie..he cant hold Barry's jock....I whole heartedly agree that Barry is the best RB in league history....ill be excited when Reggie can produce like Brian Westbrook, and then if we are lucky, Marshall Faulk....

qft. The difference between Barry and Reggie is not shiftiness, it's balance and vision. Barry could take hits and shake off tacklers and keep going and could make stuff out of nothing. Gentle crosswinds tackle Reggie. And he doesn't have the ability to let things develop or find the open hole or as barry would do, create his own.

Not to mention Barry's height helped him immensely compared to Reggie. Barry was unbelieveably quick, but what added to that trait was the fact that DL couldn't see him coming due to his size, so they were standing still when Barry would uncover behind his line and at that point it was too late.

Reggie is 4-5 inches taller which hurts him, IMO.

I am not going to say Reggie wil eer be that good but he has the tools to be he just really needs to learn how to make 1 cut and go sometimes. and also how to follow blockers. Barry ran all over when he had no hole to hit Reggie just does not see the hole period. I hope he get there though.

23458408.jpg
:9:
exactly

After watching that I can honestly say Reggie is every bit as quick as Sanders..it's hitting the initial hole and breaking a tackle where Reggie doesn't measure up to Sanders.

Guess this is off topic but
I would rather have a Young Earl than a Dancing Barry!

I should have specified, I guess what I am trying to point out is that I get the feeling the Saints are trying to adjust the guy into something he is not and it is dampening his ability to do what made him great in college. Barry Sanders was Barry Sanders and they left it at that, he was gonna have a few negative plays every game but his ability to break big runs was unmatched. The lions took the good with the bad with him. I feel that by telling the guy not to cut, not to break outside everyone is trying to take away the things we liked about him in the first place. Im not saying he is gonna be Barry, just that they have a similar skill set and the Saints need to let him utilize it

I should have specified, I guess what I am trying to point out is that I get the feeling the Saints are trying to adjust the guy into something he is not and it is dampening his ability to do what made him great in college. Barry Sanders was Barry Sanders and they left it at that, he was gonna have a few negative plays every game but his ability to break big runs was unmatched. The lions took the good with the bad with him. I feel that by telling the guy not to cut, not to break outside everyone is trying to take away the things we liked about him in the first place. Im not saying he is gonna be Barry, just that they have a similar skill set and the Saints need to let him utilize it

I didn't here anyone in the Dome scream for Reggie to stick with the initial play when he reversed field against the Eagles in the playoffs last year and gained 30 yards.....:dunno: A lot of Reggie's criticisms come from the Coaching Staff trying to make Reggie into something he isn't yet.....any every down back. The FO definately holds a lot of the responcibility when it comes to fans being upset at Reggie.

I think we are all over-analyzing this Reggie Bush thing, The guy just needs to work harder to be better...its not how he is used, its how he prepares, you can watch tape on him and see he needs more practice, he needs to practice with his RB Coach and with his Lineman, spending time with his teammates gaining that camaraderie amongst players, he should be best friends with that front 5....practice, practice, practice, its not how he being used or not being used, its how he is preparing or not preparing.

Agreed, I cast blame of the FRONT OFFICE and Sean Payton for failing for figure out that Reggie wasn't an everydown back in college, so how can be in the NFL? I surely hope that he will start returning kicks and punts and Payton uses him more as Wideout then anything... It's time to start earning some of those paychecks and endorsements.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom