This is a 6-10 AT BEST (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough this Preseason to think otherwise. I know some of you guys are gonna get upset but unless this team is just gonna turn it on all of the sudden which is unlikely this is a rebuilding season. I still see issues with the offensive line. I was praying for Drew every time he was looking for a receiver. The running game was a little better but too predictable....can I see one cutback run from the offense? I think the defense will be better but will have growing pains and with the offense possibly taking a slight step back along with a tough schedule 6 wins is all I see.

LiterOCola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It'll be really hard to game plan around players who cannot win their 1v1 match-up. The whole offensive line will need assistance with their man. The defense still cannot cover TEs.

The problem is going to be the defense will have the Saints playing from behind, and the offense is going to try and push with an o-line that cannot block.

It's really hard figuring out where the Saints can be competitive, because they seem overmatched everywhere.

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OP is going to get lit up in this thread, but he's right. This is a 6 win football team.

LombardiGras

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think the saints have to make a trade on the O line. It's too important for the passing and running game. Strief is our 3rd best lineman, thats a problem. Peat doesn't look like he is going to dominate any time soon.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Worst defenses two years in a row and we won 7 games, our defense should be improved and we win 6?

Now who's the realist?

Reaction score
OP is going to get lit up in this thread, but he's right. This is a 6 win football team.
No...the Saibts will win 7...just enough to screw our chances of getting a difference maker in the draft. A few of the wins will be morale lifters that will "lead into the next year".

Surviving Saint

NFL Fan
Reaction score
5 and 11 but it wouldn't surprise me if we holding back and come out firing on all cylinders. This line has problems and the Oakland game will show us where we stand. The defense isn't bad but it won't keep us competitive if the offense is offensive like the past 3 games.

If this team wins less than 7 games I am 100% confident Brees and the Saints never see another Super Bowl win in at least another 40 years

Slaw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If this happens... Silver lining, maybe we can get Fournette or Myles Garrett. And an offensive lineman or 3.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Drew might be on IR by game 4
Was he even sacked today? I know Armstead has something wrong with thim and Hills was useless, but maybe I just imagined that everyone else was forming a decent pocket.

And that overall, our offensive line played better than the Texans game...

But we're in "We are doomed" mode, I guess, so yeah. Drew will go on IR. Yeah. That's realistic.

sharp square

Cajun Country!!
Reaction score
Was he even sacked today? I know Armstead has something wrong with thim and Hills was useless, but maybe I just imagined that everyone else was forming a decent pocket.

And that overall, our offensive line played better than the Texans game...

But we're in "We are doomed" mode, I guess, so yeah. Drew will go on IR. Yeah. That's realistic.

The problem was he was running for his life on far too many plays against a vanilla scheme. Pitt could fo added a lot more pressure had this been regular season and the 0-line had problems handling the regular joe schmoe stuff.

I mean let's not be blind here the 0-line play all preseason has been very bad and that is being somewhat generous. It's a big problem at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom