This is a 6-10 AT BEST (1 Viewer)

Was he even sacked today? I know Armstead has something wrong with thim and Hills was useless, but maybe I just imagined that everyone else was forming a decent pocket.

And that overall, our offensive line played better than the Texans game...

But we're in "We are doomed" mode, I guess, so yeah. Drew will go on IR. Yeah. That's realistic.

The problem was he was running for his life on far too many plays against a vanilla scheme. Pitt could fo added a lot more pressure had this been regular season and the 0-line had problems handling the regular joe schmoe stuff.

I mean let's not be blind here the 0-line play all preseason has been very bad and that is being somewhat generous. It's a big problem at this point.

Based on what I've seen from our RBs, we could run the wishbone...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why everyone is panicking. We obviously game planned to get Fleener and Spiller a bunch of touches regardless of the down and distance. Why? BECAUSE THIS IS PRACTICE! I don't even think Brees targeted Cooks once. The oline did not look so horrifying and we ran the ball well. It's like we've just lost a regular season game by 40 points. What the hell.

No way we run that much zone on defense and no way we leave a rookie corner one on one with AB during the regular season. Some people just need to take a deep breath.

I could see us starting 0-9 and then win 7 in a row... Building towards 2017..

4-12. Brees is injured by week 8. Thanks O-line!

My my...I guess it's both WHEN and HOW you word your opinion on here that determines the red and green thumbs. Last week, I said the Saints are a 4 or 5 win team because Drew won't last the season. Zero green thumbs, 8 red thumbs.

You say the same thing a week later and you're 4 for 4. Congrats man, I don't know how you do it.

I mentioned the oline concerns 3 months ago and got flamed for it.
with only 2 outta 5 solid OL starters and no depth protecting our HOF QB...what's the concern?

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/updated-depth-chart-355515/index2.html

That was an obvious concern, but let's not panic after a preseason loss (or 7 in a row). This has the makings of the same type of team we've been seeing for the past decade...an explosive offense (possibly slowed down by younger players), and at best a defense with no pass rush and LB's who can't cover. IMO that's been the Payton saints in a nutshell. And don't bring up Rob Ryan's one fluke year where the defense was solid....look again at the offenses we played that year. The '09 defense was a little different; allowing a ton of yards and but creating costly turnovers.

I'm not convinced our schedule is that tough. Carolina, Denver, and KC don't seem like sure losses to me. If I had to guess at this point I'd put as at 8-10 wins, and I've never been wrong. Ever

My my...I guess it's both WHEN and HOW you word your opinion on here that determines the red and green thumbs. Last week, I said the Saints are a 4 or 5 win team because Drew won't last the season. Zero green thumbs, 8 red thumbs.

You say the same thing a week later and you're 4 for 4. Congrats man, I don't know how you do it.

I wouldnt give a rats behind. Denial is king here.

No need to complain now. We knew that we were rehiring a coach that took us 7-9 X 2. Hell, that's why I bet Dan that he was going to Dallas...a bit of wishful thinking. Some of the same people who cheered giving that man a raise off two failings seasons...really need to stop complaining. Because, it is what it is and we have to support them now...what other choice do you have?

I have it recording starting in about 30 minutes or so, to get a real good look at what I saw through a broken stream last night. Won't get into specifics until I watch it, and sure of what I see. Either way though, it is still preseason folks. As cliche' as that may sound, it carries a lot of weight. Score doesn't matter, and normally the defense plays catchup in these games. But, if we aren't executing, due to timing and synch issues etc...that will get better. If it that we are getting spanked, one on one, and cannot allow for execution...then we have problems.

But, please, if you were one of the ones that Whoooo-Hoooooed giving SP a raise to stay here, knowing that it's likely we will have another year like the last few (All names are right there in the thread)...please stop complaining.

Worst defenses two years in a row and we won 7 games, our defense should be improved and we win 6?

Now who's the realist?

I mean... I'm the eternal optimist too bruh but this isn't the same offense. I'm looking at our schedule and I'm honestly afraid for Drew.

The teams that we play either have strong front (Broncos, Seattle, Rams, Carolina twice, KC, NYG) or a solid blitz scheme (Cardinals, Raiders, SD, Lions) that will give our Oline problems.

I mean... I'm the eternal optimist too bruh but this isn't the same offense. I'm looking at our schedule and I'm honestly afraid for Drew.

The teams that we play either have strong front (Broncos, Seattle, Rams, Carolina twice, KC, NYG) or a solid blitz scheme (Cardinals, Raiders, SD, Lions) that will give our Oline problems.

Don't be afraid for Drew. However bad it was...and I'm about to really see right now...SP has to be innovative. He has to draw up plays that are favorable to a weak line, and move Drew out of danger....hold up it's on....talk in a bit

I disagree. 57 yard TD was because a undrafted free agent guarded the best WR in the nfl. Did we have Breaux on brown at all? To me we put the young secondary against one of the best if not the best passing team and told them to sink or swim against their first real action. Offensive is what it is. Peat will get it together now that he can actually focus on playing one spot. My problem is with strief.. not the guards.. strief is getting beat worse than what the back up LT was doing. If armstead misses time we are gonna fall apart. We don't need to trade for a guard.. we need to trade for a right tackle.

I'd say 6-10 barring any real additions of players on oline and with TA returning

R.I.P. Saints 2006-2013.. :covri:

6-10 or 7-9 it doesn't matter as this team is bad, bad, bad.

I don't understand why everyone is panicking. We obviously game planned to get Fleener and Spiller a bunch of touches regardless of the down and distance. Why? BECAUSE THIS IS PRACTICE! I don't even think Brees targeted Cooks once. The oline did not look so horrifying and we ran the ball well. It's like we've just lost a regular season game by 40 points. What the hell.

No way we run that much zone on defense and no way we leave a rookie corner one on one with AB during the regular season. Some people just need to take a deep breath.

Where's AI when you need him….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom