This is a HUGE Statement Game! (1 Viewer)

willkro

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Baltimore is returning home after a huge win on the road where the defense had 11 sacks.
Drew and Sean have never beaten the Ravens.
Drew can get 500 TDs in this game.
rSaints can serve notice to the league that the Saints are for real if they go on the road and win this game.

If the Saints do not win on Sunday, it looks like Drew will have to come back and play for another few seasons to get another shot at the Ravens. Otherwise, quoth the Ravens, nevermore!

The injury report is concerning. Both Warford and Peat, our two guards, may or may not be available (I think at least one will play). And the Ravens like to bring interior pressure.

But Payton will have a game plan to deal with it.

Oline being injured after a bye is super irritating. Especially, when it's against the Ravens. Ugh...

The injury report is a bit unnerving but the Ravens have played one decent team this year, the Bengals, and they lost.

Saints 43 Ravens 17

I don't care if Brees doesn't hit the 500 td this week, all we need is a win!!!!!!!!!!!!. run, run and more run

Baltimore is a legit contender. Beat them and we are where we need to be to make a run. To be the best, you gotta beat the best.

Baltimore is a legit contender. Beat them and we are where we need to be to make a run. To be the best, you gotta beat the best.
I am not really sold on the Ravens as legit contenders. They are 4-2 with losses to the Browns and Bengals. Their 4 wins only 2 were "ok" wins. The Steelers and Broncos. The other 2 were against the lowly Titans and Bills.

I am not really sold on the Ravens as legit contenders. They are 4-2 with losses to the Browns and Bengals. Their 4 wins only 2 were "ok" wins. The Steelers and Broncos. The other 2 were against the lowly Titans and Bills.

Well, one of their losses was a Thursday away game, so there's that.

i think we'll learn a lot about this team over the next 5 games

I could be completely off base here, but something just tells me that our defense will come to play Sunday. All we are hearing about is how the #1 offense is going up against the #1 defense.
Our guys (lattimore especially) seem a little P'Oed in interviews this week. The gameplan they had against the redskins was flawless, I hope we see the same come gametime.

How is our record any better based on strength of schedule? Which contenders have we beaten to say that we are a better team based on quality wins?

Saints:
4 Wins vs. Total Team Record 8-14-1​
1 Loss vs. Total Team Record 2-3​

Ravens:
4 Wins vs Total Team Record 11-13-1​
2 Losses vs Total Team Record 6-5-1​

How is our record any better based on strength of schedule? Which contenders have we beaten to say that we are a better team based on quality wins?

Saints:
4 Wins vs. Total Team Record 8-14-1​
1 Loss vs. Total Team Record 2-3​

Ravens:
4 Wins vs Total Team Record 11-13-1​
2 Losses vs Total Team Record 6-5-1​
It is really quite simple. Because we are the SAINTS!!!! No more justification needed.

Both of their losses are divisional.

We lost to a dumpster fire Tampa Bay team and most likely would've lost to Cleveland if their kicker didn't miss those field goals and extra points. We also have a coin toss to thank for beating the Falcons in a game where 37 points wasn't enough to win in 4 quarters.

We could also say the same thing about our team. Our defense got torched giving up hail mary bombs from Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyrod Taylor and Matt Ryan. They beat up two garbage QBs in Eli Manning and Alex Smith. The jury is still out weather this defense has improved or not.

The Ravens defense is legit. It was legit last year when they led the league in turnovers. They have the same problem they have had for the last 5 years now; Joe Flacco is not a good quarterback. If they had a better QB, they could dominate their division and be a legit SB contender. But like 2014 proved and the last few years, Flacco is what is holding them back.

I'm glad we get to face Flacco and not a better QB, otherwise we'd most likely be in trouble with our defense.

The injury report is a bit unnerving but the Ravens have played one decent team this year, the Bengals, and they lost.

Saints 43 Ravens 17

Well I’d love that score line but....this was my first thought to that scoreline. I will happily eat so many helpings of Raven if we pull that off. Especially banged up.

Attachments

• 3F1D4A56-839C-4F35-9F16-BA95EE98A715.gif
    3F1D4A56-839C-4F35-9F16-BA95EE98A715.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom