This is a rough one, Leah Chase (from Dooky Chase's) has died... (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NOLA took a huge hit today, we lost a legend... Thank you for the food and your role in advancing civil rights...

"The Chase family is heartbroken to share the news that our Mother, Grandmother and Great Grandmother, Leah Chase, passed away surrounded by her family on June 1, 2019. Leah Chase, lovingly referred to as the Queen of Creole Cuisine, was the executive chef and co-owner of the historic and legendary Dooky Chase’s Restaurant. She was a major supporter of cultural and visual arts and an unwavering advocate for civil liberties and full inclusion of all. She was a proud entrepreneur, a believer in the Spirit of New Orleans and the good will of all people, and an extraordinary woman of faith.

Last edited:
Truly saddened by this. Blessed to know I've met her and have worked with two of the three kids and several of the grandkids. They have my deepest condolences on their loss. Mrs. Chase was a true icon in this country.

What a life she had. I've brought every visitor to N.O to Dooky Chase's. My sis and I went there after our HS graduation ceremonies, so it was tradition to bring my son. I would spend half of my time just watching her while dining. Id like to see footage of her funeral procession. I'll try to make it there during Xmas break

Last edited:
Good article on her

I’ve always wanted to eat at Dooky Chases
===========================

If anyone in NOLA is interested, there will be a Second Line starting at 6 pm tonight at Dooky Chase's featuring the Big 6 Brass Band...

There will be a 2nd Second Line for Mrs. Chase tonight as well...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom