This is going well for Goodell (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The media is killing him for benching all Denver’s QB’s and still playing the game. He deserves it no doubt. My question was where was the outrage from the national media when he made up a bounty program on us? Penalizing us for celebrating? I get and I agree you got to wear a mask put his penalties seem very harsh and mean. I think this Commish has an ego problem. Some of these owners need to say enough! Make him change his ways or fire him!

The media is killing him for benching all Denver’s QB’s and still playing the game. He deserves it no doubt. My question was where was the outrage from the national media when he made up a bounty program on us? Penalizing us for celebrating? I get and I agree you got to wear a mask put his penalties seem very harsh and mean. I think this Commish has an ego problem. Some of these owners need to say enough! Make him change his ways or fire him!

All the hosts on SXM NFL Channel were far more critical of the Denver QBs than the Commissioner. So was Coach Fangio.

Talking heads that feed off of controversy aren't as persuasive as level-headed analysts that have been around the league. Solomon Wilcots said something to the effect that you don't reward the childish behavior by removing the penalty - there are position group rooms all around the league that have been doing the professional, adult thing and following the rules. Postponing the Broncos game because their QBs couldn't do the same would be the entirely wrong message.

The celebration penalty for us seems inconsistent. But perhaps they're not done with those penalties yet. Other teams might get them.

For the bounty thing, you gotta remember the League was in a multibillion dollar lawsuit at the time. 2012 was really when the effects of CTE were becoming public to America. The League knew this before, but did nothing. I HIGHLY recommend the Frontline doc, “League of Denial.” It really shows how the League kept denying CTE and puts into perspective why they went so hard on the Saints when they got caught. Wrong team at the wrong time sort of thing.
As to protocols, the League is becoming serious in enforcing it. That’s why the Broncos game went on.

Wait until tomorrow night's game.

Steelers 27, Ravens 0

The fine was excessive IMO and of course I can't stand Roger but we should be happy there is a season.
Rules where put in place whether we agree with them or not so us the fans could have a season and players could be protected.
BTW, the players union agreed to the COVID 19 rules for their safety

tenor.gif

All the hosts on SXM NFL Channel were far more critical of the Denver QBs than the Commissioner. So was Coach Fangio.

Talking heads that feed off of controversy aren't as persuasive as level-headed analysts that have been around the league. Solomon Wilcots said something to the effect that you don't reward the childish behavior by removing the penalty - there are position group rooms all around the league that have been doing the professional, adult thing and following the rules. Postponing the Broncos game because their QBs couldn't do the same would be the entirely wrong message.

The celebration penalty for us seems inconsistent. But perhaps they're not done with those penalties yet. Other teams might get them.

Agree. The issue with the celebration penalty was that the league had JUST released new protocols that week emphasizing mask use in the locker room. So the circumstances were different compared to the other teams which had previously celebrated without them.

So you are defending Goodell then? What happened to Robert Kraft anyway? Was Tennessee ever penalized for breaking protocol? How about some consistency? At least people are realizing what Goodell is.

Agree. The issue with the celebration penalty was that the league had JUST released new protocols that week emphasizing mask use in the locker room. So the circumstances were different compared to the other teams which had previously celebrated without them.
Okay
The Titans may be fined but no one will be suspended and the team will not be stripped of any draft picks, according to multiple reports.

The fines apparently will be a result of failure to comply with league rules on wearing masks in the facility. Titans General Manager Jon Robinson has acknowledged the team was not perfect on that front.

Although several NFL teams have had positive tests, the Titans had by far the worst outbreak, and postponing Titans games caused a ripple effect that made a major impact on the NFL’s schedule. And even after the Titans’ facility closed, players reportedly got together for their own workouts, risking a further spread of the coronavirus within the team. As a result, some thought the league would crack down hard on the Titans with suspensions for anyone found to have violated the rules, suspensions for Robinson and coach Mike Vrabel for failing to ensure that the rules were followed, and lost draft picks.

But that won’t be the case. The Titans can breathe a sigh of relief.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: LoE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom