This is going well for Goodell (1 Viewer)

Steelers game postponed again... Why?!!
But all is well

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, there are concerns of a potential wildcat strike by the Ravens.

Such a maneuver, if it happens, would pull the pin on a potentially complex legal grenade. The NFL would argue that it’s an illegal strike, violating both the CBA and the agreement struck in early August to allow the season to proceed. The NFL Players Association would likely counter by claiming that the delays coupled with the refusal to let the Ravens properly prepare creates a physical safety risk sufficient to justify refusing to play.

The stakes would potentially be very high. The NFL, based on financial losses absorbed to date in 2020, could choose to rip up the agreement that allows the season to be played and scrap the balance of the season. Although that’s highly unlikely, the source made it clear that this possibility is squarely on the NFLPA’s radar-screen of potential concerns, in large part because no one knows how much money the various teams truly are or aren’t making (or losing) this season. If the league is swimming in red ink, this could be an easy way to stop the bleeding.

Some believe the threat of a wildcat strike will result in the Ravens-Steelers game being nudged to Wednesday or possibly Thursday. If the game is moved again, Pittsburgh’s Week 13 game against Washington would then move to Monday, at the earliest.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
If it's good for the Broncos..

Someone made a point that the Broncos were an easy target for the Sunday debacle because they don't have a billionaire owner to tell the NFL to kick rocks.

Get ready to adjust even more schedules. Everything is fine.

Yeah, everyone has done a great job of being flexible. They’ve played nearly 12 full weeks without a single cancellation.

Not sure the point you’re trying to make. It’s a brutally tough time for everyone. Schedules will need to continue to be adjusted. People will need to continue to be flexible. There may be a week 18. There may even be eight teams in the playoffs in each conference. Heck, they may ultimately push back the super bowl.

It is what it is.

Yeah, everyone has done a great job of being flexible. They’ve played nearly 12 full weeks without a single cancellation.

Not sure the point you’re trying to make. It’s a brutally tough time for everyone. Schedules will need to continue to be adjusted. People will need to continue to be flexible. There may be a week 18. There may even be eight teams in the playoffs in each conference. Heck, they may ultimately push back the super bowl.

It is what it is.
Not yet one game has been delayed 6 times already and you got a threat of a strike. Everything is fine. Let’s play the SuperBowl in April.

It is what it is.
Everything is fine

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
Not yet one game has been delayed 6 times already and you got a threat of a strike. Everything is fine. Let’s play the SuperBowl in April.

NBA played the Finals in October instead of June. It is what it is.

I’ll stop responding after this. Personally, I’m really thankful for all the hard work everyone has put in to make this work. And I’m sure there will be more issues to navigate along the way. But I’m confident they will finish the season and hopefully we get our second Lombardi out of it.

NBA played the Finals in October instead of June. It is what it is.

I’ll stop responding after this. Personally, I’m really thankful for all the hard work everyone has put in to make this work. And I’m sure there will be more issues to navigate along the way. But I’m confident they will finish the season and hopefully we get our second Lombardi out of it.
I’m not thanking Goodell. You sound like an NFL employee. So I can understand. Great discussion. Have a great evening. Let’s win the SuperBowl!

Goodell's handling of this latest issue (COVID-19 ) is capricious and arbitrary, same as he's handled other issues over the last 14 years. He sets a policy, then selectively enforces it. Which is what infuriates people.

It's no different from what he's been doing for years.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom