This is gonna be a special season, my friends (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
:cool:Normally, we win by outscoring opponents in high scoring games, and then we have to wonder if the defense is good enough to hold on to wins, especially in the playoffs, where every team is good. Not any longer. Now, we're in uncharted territory.

There is no doubt in my mind this is the best team we have ever fielded. When Drew and the other offensive stars come back, there will be no team that can really outscore us. There is no defense who will be able to shut us down. If Teddy can put up over 30 points against one of the top defenses in the league, can you imagine what Drew could do? :cool: This team is simply better than any other team we have fielded, including the Super Bowl team of 2009.

Defensively, not even the defenses with the Dome Patrol were as good as this one that we are fielding today. The Dome Patrol defenses couldn't stop the pass on the backend. The DB's were awful. Safeties were pretty good with Atkins and Maxie, though. Still, even they were not as good as Williams and Bell and Johnson. We can shutdown any offense we play today.

What a great season we are having. This will be another Superbowl winning season for us. Geaux Saints.

I mean, I'm excited as anyone and realize this is one of the deepest rosters we've had, but I also realize anything could happen. Nothing is a given. We should have been in the SB the past few years, but weren't. It's amazing what we've accomplished so far, but I will remain cautiously optimistic and hope for the best.

I mean, I'm excited as anyone and realize this is one of the deepest rosters we've had, but I also realize anything could happen. Nothing is a given. We should have been in the SB the past few years, but weren't. It's amazing what we've accomplished so far, but I will remain cautiously optimistic and hope for the best.
Hope is done. I have seen enough. The Season is special. Just like in 09, when we were down huge to Miami, and then came back and won the game. I knew then that was gonna be special. I'm just as sure this year.

Hope is done. I have seen enough. The Season is special. Just like in 09, when we were down huge to Miami, and then came back and won the game. I knew then that was gonna be special. I'm just as sure this year.

Well, I'm glad you know for sure, but I will have to wait and see. I hope you're right, but I'm taking it one game at a time.

Amen to that Brother! It’s astonishing watching these games. It’s a different vibe. The feel of this team is just a totally different top notch feel. When your watching us play these other teams, you can’t help but see the poise and talent level we have compared to these other teams. After the last few years of horrible endings it’s almost galvanized our team to the point where we are never out of our element or on the ropes because we have seen and been through it all.

This to me has to be the best Saints team I have ever seen. This season has been wonderfully fulfilling so far in that everyone doubted us again, then we lose Brees and then we have more injuries and we just keep finding ways to work teams.

Quite honestly we could (should have without bad calls) put up over 50 on the Bears yesterday

I really thought it would be a close game because of who we were missing. I thought, the Bears defense is great, and they have one of the best defensive players in the league in Mack. Thought it would be like the Dallas game score-wise. Instead, we just obliterated them. Dang!

Yes anything can happen to derail our season so I'm not counting the chicks yet until they hatch. Just look at the Chiefs, is Matt Moore good enough to keep that train moving along until Mahomes get back like Teddy has done for us? Anyway, we need to stay and get healthy.

It's already special. Now, don't get me wrong, we were robbed last season and I would LOVE to win another Super Bowl; but every win this season is already a middle finger to those who were complicit in Bountygate or told us to "get over it" or refs who only care about their being "right" and not being correct, etc., etc., and it's FUN!

I still want the SB but it's not "required" like it was last season.

Ahem...

a222656d-26bd-42d8-9323-20a941623695-AP19021008108900.jpg

No matter what happens this year the character of this team can never be questioned. A play like the Minneapolis miracle would have have devastated most teams. Instead they come back last year and get all the way to the NFC title game. Then the no call happens. Again could have been devastating to most teams but they bounce back again only to lose their HOF QB for a few weeks. They could have folded again but instead they roll on with 5 straight wins. I'm proud to be a fan of this team.

No matter what happens this year the character of this team can never be questioned. A play like the Minneapolis miracle would have have devastated most teams. Instead they come back last year and get all the way to the NFC title game. Then the no call happens. Again could have been devastating to most teams but they bounce back again only to lose their HOF QB for a few weeks. They could have folded again but instead they roll on with 5 straight wins. I'm proud to be a fan of this team.
Amen, brother. This is the greatest coaching job I have seen in a very long time. Coach Payton deserves Coach of the Year honors for what he's done. Unlike the Falcons, this team doesn't think back to what happened. They are focused. What a team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom