This is Hilarious - Raiders subject (1 Viewer)

I was crying about the deep routes being possible all season, and that maybe Brees never could take advantage of Ds focusing on our run game.

However, I've been impressed with Brees looking for the big play lately. Perhaps he still has Marty ball in his system, and I assume his shoulder is still healing.

Actually can't remember where, but brees stated in an article, that he is feeling better and better, and the doc's said something to the fact that 2 years before it's as good as it will be.

"I possess some skills that with my experience gives us a greater chance."

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with AB's grammer? Maybe this is just one example why the Saints and Oakland both had to dumb down the playbook.

Since Hebert started in '87 only once did the Saints have a thousand yard rusher with Hilliard in '89 and 3.7 yards per carry wasn't that impressive. It was pretty much running back by committee his entire Saints career. While Hilliard, Mayes, and Heyward were all decent NFL backs, none of them can ever be confused with a solid/reliable starting caliber player. Then again, Hebert himself was only what I would call a step above journeyman.

Yeah and don't forget Hebert's last two years with the team which were two of our three playoff years with him....our leading rushers those years had about 500 yards....the RBs being Fred McAffee (91) and Vaughn Dunbar (92).

Another thing Hebert didn't have much of was speed at receiver. Martin was reliable but he never had great speed and he slowed down even more as time went on. We didn't have a very explosive offense when Hebert was QB. Without a great defense we probably would've never made the playoffs those years.

This attempt to knock AB is one of the lamer attempts I've seen (and I've seen quite a few). AB is a streaky QB, and until he plays in a system where he isn't required to carry the offense, I think he'll always have mixed results. (then again, you can say that about many QBs). The biggest thing that stuck out to me in the article was Randy Moss' comments. It's too bad he has such a lousy attitude with the amount of physical ability he possesses. He is the reason that contracts shouldn't be guaranteed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom