This is Hilarious - Raiders subject (1 Viewer)

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I know we try to put the past out of our mind but this cracks me up. Appears the Raiders dumbed down the playbook for AB and now Walters is complaining its too limited! LMAO

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...lug=ap-raiders-quarterbacks&prov=ap&type=lgns

"Walter took shots at coordinator Tom Walsh's offense after Sunday's 17-13 loss to Denver, saying there is not enough "depth" in the playbook, the offense was too predictable, and that the team needed to utilize more quick-developing plays than five- and seven-step drops."

"We need to make it more complex," Walter said, referring to the Raiders' playbook. "I'd like more swing routes, flat routes, short stuff. There are certain things I'd like to see."

"Brooks has made 84 starts in his career and said he believed he gives the team a better chance to win than the inexperienced Walter does.

"I think we have a greater chance," Brooks said. "I possess some skills that with my experience gives us a greater chance." "

Thank the Lord for BREES!!!!

He's right. Continually calling 7 step drops when your offensive line won't let your quarterback get to step 6 is just stupid. Todays quarterbacks just don't have enough time in the pocket to consistently look deep. Todays passing game is based on primarily throwing short, quick passes and getting into managable 3rd down situations.

The Raiders are running an offense that looks like it was from last century... I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they hired a HC and OC who have both been out of the league for the last 10 years.

I know we try to put the past out of our mind but this cracks me up. Appears the Raiders dumbed down the playbook for AB and now Walters is complaining its too limited! LMAO

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...lug=ap-raiders-quarterbacks&prov=ap&type=lgns

"Walter took shots at coordinator Tom Walsh's offense after Sunday's 17-13 loss to Denver, saying there is not enough "depth" in the playbook, the offense was too predictable, and that the team needed to utilize more quick-developing plays than five- and seven-step drops."

"We need to make it more complex," Walter said, referring to the Raiders' playbook. "I'd like more swing routes, flat routes, short stuff. There are certain things I'd like to see."

"Brooks has made 84 starts in his career and said he believed he gives the team a better chance to win than the inexperienced Walter does.

"I think we have a greater chance," Brooks said. "I possess some skills that with my experience gives us a greater chance." "

Thank the Lord for BREES!!!!

Are you serious? Let it go. AB is gone. be happy. Let him be. He was unfairly treated here - even if he were the worst QB in NFL history he didnt deserve the treatment he got from our fans. It's embarrassing. 7 step drops aren't "dumbed" down. It's just mostly outdated. Some teams still do a lot of it (see Mike Martz). but it requires great execution and pass protection (see Orlando Pace). Shell and his OC are past their time (just as Ditka was here). That's the problem Let AB be. Get over it. He was a better QB for us than Hebert - with AB on those Dome Patrol teams you know they would've been better than when they were stiffled by the lackluster offense.

I missed the part in the article where they said they dumbed down the playbook for Arron Brooks. :shrug:

I missed the part in the article where they said they dumbed down the playbook for Arron Brooks. :shrug:

I missed that part too!

And mg450, you say:

"He was a better QB for us than Hebert - with AB on those Dome Patrol teams you know they would've been better than when they were stiffled by the lackluster offense."

"you know " ?? No, I don't know that at all.

ddd

I missed that part too!

And mg450, you say:

"He was a better QB for us than Hebert - with AB on those Dome Patrol teams you know they would've been better than when they were stiffled by the lackluster offense."

"you know " ?? No, I don't know that at all.

ddd

Although I think Brooks is probably the more talented player, Hebert had virtually no running game to speak of and was saddled with Carl Smith.

I guess I always miss the part where these OPs mention that AB's better seasons were while digesting MM's complicated schemes. The same scheme that the WRs and OL mumbled about. I see no value in this topic, other than sniping AB.

Hopefully, we can move on in 2007. Wow. :dunno:

With all the criticism that we give AB he is still the only QB to ever win a playoff game for us.

Let's wait until after Brees has won a playoff game before we put him on a pedastal.

Also, there was no comment about the playbook being dumbed down for AB. What's with all the hate?

Although I think Brooks is probably the more talented player, Hebert had virtually no running game to speak of and was saddled with Carl Smith.

Yup, that guy Dalton Hilliard and Rueben Mayes didn't have any running game at all. Neither did Ironhead Heyward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom