This is How Sean Payton's Teams Start - Unexplainable No Show Losses- In Great Seasons (1 Viewer)

@Swimmer are you actually implying that we lose these early games not because of SP doing a crappy job of preparing the team or the team miserably underachieving from the getgo but rather because he intentionally tanks our chances for the #1 seed right at the start of each season even though we're significantly better at home in the playoffs and next to helpless on the road?

Pretty sure our last three road playoff games involved a victory, losing to the best team in the NFL by eight points, and losing on a completely fluke play.

"being done" is relative.

Relative to the speed and strength of NFL football week in and week out, you will not see the same Drew you saw a year ago. He isnt "done" in that he cant make ANY throws. What you are seeing is him BECOMING done. Its a gradual decline that he has done everything to fight off.

I can go play soccer with 40something year olds and dominate. I then go play with 30 year olds and look like a 50 year old.

Drew is playing against guys 15-20 years younger. If you dont think that means anything, im not sure what to tell you.

You just dont beat aging.

This narrative has been around for a while now. He has still been playing at a high-level each year despite a physical decline. The question is if the last two games are a new drastic decline or just a blip. I'm saying I would bet on it being a blip. He will not likely be better but he can be at or near that level.

@Swimmer are you actually implying that we lose these early games not because of SP doing a crappy job of preparing the team or the team miserably underachieving from the getgo but rather because he intentionally tanks our chances for the #1 seed right at the start of each season even though we're significantly better at home in the playoffs and next to helpless on the road?
Well, this is a double edge sword dilemma. This team is at its best in the film room. The film wars don't really start to week 3 or 4. This team has shown time and time again. If you throw something new into the mix. It's like a huge monkey wrench into the gameplan. It comes down on if they can adjust in time.

Well, this is a double edge sword dilemma. This team is at its best in the film room. The film wars don't really start to week 3 or 4. This team has shown time and time again. If you throw something new into the mix. It's like a huge monkey wrench into the gameplan. It comes down on if they can adjust in time.

But for a team that can average 12+ wins a year over a 3-year span it's just infuriating to see us guaranteed to lose by week 3 every single year. How is it so impossible for us to dodge early losses? It seems like just about every year even a crummy pretender manages to scrape together a 3-0 start. It's just inexcusable and reeks of an arrogant lack of preparation.

But for a team that can average 12+ wins a year over a 3-year span it's just infuriating to see us guaranteed to lose by week 3 every single year. How is it so impossible for us to dodge early losses? It seems like just about every year even a crummy pretender manages to scrape together a 3-0 start. It's just inexcusable and reeks of an arrogant lack of preparation.
Well... That is what film wars does.

Crummy pretender coming out the gate fast till the film catches up to them. Which it will. Remember the ATL loss? They completely changed their scheme and for the life of us. Had to take an L to figure what they did. It's just how this team operates. They are very film study centric. You can argue familarity of Tampa was a saving grace that almost hid these film study issues. Just got to be patient.

We’ve had this happen numerous times, but every time it does, the same panicked reactions dominate here. I’m as disappointed as anyone in last night’s effort and outcome, but we have a pretty strong track record under Payton/Brees—50-yard bomb pass attempts or not—of going on tears and looking like an efficient offensive machine. I fully expect the same to happen this season.

The topic over which I will express some frustration is the rapidity with which Coach seems to abandon the rushing attack. Our line is full of maulers! FEED KAMARA, MURRAY, AND HILL!
Ordinarily, I get a bit annoyed with the "run the ball" crowd because they don't seem to consider that the run game might just be not working. :scratch: This was not the case versus the Raiders early in the game. The running game shouldn't be ancillary when it's going well. When it stops working, then start passing. If the passing game is working, keep passing.

I really think people are overlooking the fact that for 90% of the league these first two games have been sloppy.com. Save for a few teams, most of the league looks like it’s in preaseason mode with the lack of discipline and shaky execution.

This year is truly something different. I know no one wants to hear this, but I don’t think that we’re going to really know what many of these teams truly are until Oct. rolls around or game maybe game 4. I’m not excusing any of our guys for that abysmal performance. I’m just looking at it from a different perspective.

I really think people are overlooking the fact that for 90% of the league these first two games have been sloppy.com. Save for a few teams, most of the league looks like it’s in preaseason mode with the lack of discipline and shaky execution.

This year is truly something different. I know no one wants to hear this, but I don’t think that we’re going to really know what many of these teams truly are until Oct. rolls around or game maybe game 4. I’m not excusing any of our guys for that abysmal performance. I’m just looking at it from a different perspective.

Perfect^. In addition to our early season no-shows under SP, this season made everything about getting ready for the season more difficult. I hope not, but I wonder if because of that, this team takes longer to wake-up and become the dominant SP team we see just about every season after Q1. And let's not fool ourselves, this team will be one of the best in the NFL. There is way too much talent, top leadership and great coaching not to excel.

Floyd - I don't think the losses are intentional. All could see Sean Payton's face in the 4th quarter as he saw the game slipping away. He was seriously POed. My best guess is that he is just not as intense during training camp and preseason as some coaches. It freaks us fans out every year, but the pattern is so statistically repeating over his tenure except for a couple of odd years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom