This is interesting (1 Viewer)

Lost Saint

this guy is good
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Found on a fantsay site (and a good one at that). Didn't see it posted anywhere else.

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/126236/39

DeAngelo Williams, like all Carolina's backs, is fond of RBs coach Jim Skipper. But if Skipper splits - he'll likely follow John Fox - it's not a deal-breaker. Williams will probably follow the cash. Early rumor on who might be dangling those dollars: the New Orleans Saints.

Our offense would be on another level with DW at RB.

double_take.gif

doubletake.gif

That would definantly make our O 100% complete having a back like Williams. I don't see it happening though. We already have to many free agents that will need some big money contracts soon (I.E. Brees)

I really feel as thought they will resign reggie. That would be one expensive backfield

I'd like to know where he heard that rumor from before I get too excited.

Assuming PT isn't re-signed, which he probably wouldn't be even moreso if we're really pursuing DeAngelo, a second year Ivory, Bush, and DW would be the best backfield we've ever had.

I don't see the Saints paying DeAngelo Williams the kind of money he could likely get elsewhere. When was the last time we splashed out on a big name free agent RB? Yeah, I don't remember either. If any FA RB is getting big bucks from Loomis, it will be Bush. And that's a big if.

I don't see the Saints paying DeAngelo Williams the kind of money he could likely get elsewhere. When was the last time we splashed out on a big name free agent RB? Yeah, I don't remember either. If any FA RB is getting big bucks from Loomis, it will be Bush. And that's a big if.

When was the last time we ever had an opportunity to do so? I don't remember a big name RB hitting the open market since Payton has been HC. If they did, we already had Deuce, Reggie, and Pierre so we couldn't make a play for them. But now our backfield is clearly in disarray to the point where it's obvious none of the guys we currently have can stay healthy. If we don't pursue DW, it won't be because of money. If a guy is clearly an upgrade to your backfield you find a way to make it happen at whatever cost.

I don't see Carolina letting him walk for free. I think they are going to franchise him then trade him. And I certainly don't see them trading him to us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom