This is no longer an Offensive team. It's now an Defensive team. (1 Viewer)

The reason lies in the answer to this question:

What position does Peat play?

We don't know the answer, because the Saints coaches don't know the answer. He's changed positions in the lineup more than a career petty criminal.

It's kind of hard to be good at something when the something keeps changing.
And this is definitely part of the issue.

The reason lies in the answer to this question:

What position does Peat play?

We don't know the answer, because the Saints coaches don't know the answer. He's changed positions in the lineup more than a career petty criminal.

It's kind of hard to be good at something when the something keeps changing.

Good lord I'm tired of hearing about Peat needing to stick at one spot. He isn't playing LT that's already taken and he has been serviceable there. He can't beat out Strief at RT and he is terrible at guard. What has he done that would remotely give you the idea he will be good if he plays a spot consistently? He gets beat on 1 on 1s at practice he gets blown up at every position on the field. He was a head scratcher to everyone on here and in the media when we took him and it's obvious he is not 1st round talent. He wouldn't be on this team if he wasn't a 1st round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good lord I'm tired of hearing about Peat needing to stick at one spot. He isn't playing LT that's already taken and he has been serviceable there. He can't beat out Strief at RT and he is terrible at guard. What has he done that would remotely give you the idea he will be good if he plays a spot consistently? He gets beat on 1 on 1s at practice he gets blown up at every position on the field. He was a head scratcher to everyone on here and in the media when we took him and it's obvious he is not 1st round talent. He wouldn't be on this team if he wasn't a 1st round pick.

Because practicing at one position over and over and over would give him a chance to become good at that position and improve and learn his technique instead of being shuffled around all over the place not really getting to settle into one position. It's not really that hard to understand. Anyone who's good at anything will tell you you have to practice it over and over and over to be great at it. I don't really understand what we were trying to do with him.

Because when he started games and saw playing time last year Peat wasn't awful as a rookie. He wasn't awesome, but he wasn't completely awful.

He looks like a reach and another whiffed draft pick factoring the slot he was taken at, but still has potential contribute if you bring him along right and for this guy rotating him between LT, RG and RT does not help him get settled in any one place.

Time is running out to gel this line and I don't really know that he can't beat out Strief because i'm not seeing him get the reps at RT in these games.

Is it really a competition? Is he getting reps at RT in camp?

Doesn't look like it at all. Looks to me they handed the role back to Streif this year and emphasized Peat as a Temp at guard and not in a real or serious competition for Strief's job, and hanging on to Streif and forcing Peat into G role is very risky. Armstead came back and they put Peat at RG, not reps at RT as you might see if this was really a legitimate competition.

Looks more like an illusion that they were ever giving Peat a serious opprtunity to beat out Streif, which was my fear all offseason, that they were going to go Jonathan Goodwin and hand the job to the vet past his prime.

This is on the coaching staff.

Peat was a panic pick. I didn't think he was top 20 talent when we drafted him at 13 and I'm feeling more like I was right everytime he takes the feild.

Ah, yes...The annual tradition of making judgments about the Saints' season two games into preseason.

Peat was a panic pick. I didn't think he was top 20 talent when we drafted him at 13 and I'm feeling more like I was right everytime he takes the feild.

As bad as I want to agree, I remember the card being turned in pretty quick. I think they just whiffed.

Don't understand why everyone is surprised a 32yr old RT got beat by the best passrusher to come out in the last 5 years and went #1 overall. Try to actually middle with what your are seeing. Strief is an average RT. There are some battles he will be out classes...that's why you take Peat 1st last year.

Problem is he isn't panning out for whatever reason but Strief is far from the actual problem on that oline.

Strief was getting beat when he was good. He's no longer even average yet NO ONE we have can take his position from him!

As for Peat, the coaches have had weeks now to evaluate him. They've been evaluating Lelito far longer. Somehow, they're unable to say 'This is where he plays best for us' for either of them. For God's sake, they're STILL using Strief, who has been on his last legs for two years now! Couldn't they tell he was done last year? AMybe that's why they didn't give Brees a new contract. They're pretty sure he won't survive this season....

I think the one thing that worries me the most is that pretty much all teams with solid to good O-lines heading into a season had at least some serviceable and effective depth.

Not only have some of our starters played poorly but it also shows us that we don't really have much if any real serviceable depth on the line ..... so if these guys continue to struggle there won't be any fixing of it this season and if we have a injury or two then well :covri: . This could not only lead to a long crappy season but to Drew getting real beat up and at his age well ....

Not saying we can't get things together I mean all teams are a work in progress to some extent during preseason. Just saying it has to be a worry!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom