This is not a finesse team (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I don't know anyone who thought we would or could go to Buffalo and punch'em in the mouth like that. It was a statement game for both the offense and defense.

The offense emphatically announced we have a running game. Play nickel and dime, keep your safeties back and we will pancake you. Pick your poison, Drew or Pierre. We've got lots more bullets in the belt, too.

The defense? That was a swarming, gnarling, physical bunch that looked like a Pittsburgh team, not the soft, bending speed bumps we've been fielding for years. There's three first round picks on that line, and for once, they looked like it.

It's also obvious Gregg Williams has been holding back the blitzes the last two weeks. Isn't it great to see a defense attack again?

Special teams still have some work, but there was some hitting going on on kick returns. I wonder if someone could install a GPS system in Reggie Bush's helmet so he can find North and South?

Domination. I love it. Bring on those media darlings. Can't wait to hear Rex Ryan pop off this week.

I don't know anyone who thought we would or could go to Buffalo and punch'em in the mouth like that. It was a statement game for both the offense and defense.

The offense emphatically announced we have a running game. Play nickel and dime, keep your safeties back and we will pancake you. Pick your poison, Drew or Pierre. We've got lots more bullets in the belt, too.

The defense? That was a swarming, gnarling, physical bunch that looked like a Pittsburgh team, not the soft, bending speed bumps we've been fielding for years. There's three first round picks on that line, and for once, they looked like it.

It's also obvious Gregg Williams has been holding back the blitzes the last two weeks. Isn't it great to see a defense attack again?

Special teams still have some work, but there was some hitting going on on kick returns. I wonder if someone could install a GPS system in Reggie Bush's helmet so he can find North and South?

Domination. I love it. Bring on those media darlings. Can't wait to hear Rex Ryan pop off this week.

This was the biggest difference. Awesome day for the D!!

These were my thoughts right after the game. We are quickly becoming a physical hard nosed team. I love it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom