This is the game of the year for the Saints (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Let me explain...But first, let me enjoy some crow pie..

I never thought we'd be talking about the possibility of playoffs at this point in the season. We haven't been great, but we beat a super bowl contending team and barely lost to the defending super bowl champs. Breaux and Rankins coming back will be a tremendous help going forward, as will the addition of Sterling Moore. Losing Vaccaro will hurt, but the good news is that he at least will play tonight, Byrd is playing OK (a step up from nonexistent), and young gun Vonn Bell is all over the field.

Tonight will make or break our season. We were on the cusp of a 5-0 streak before last week's heartbreaker. We know we can play with anybody and win. We were so, so close. Drew & Co. are hungry for it, and know they can sneak into the playoffs and make some waves. A win tonight gives us our confidence back--and anything is possible at 5-5. I truly think if we win tonight, we'll win at least 4 of our last 6, although matchups against the Lions, Cardinals and Falcons will all be difficult. A loss tonight puts us just a game or two away from being eliminated from playoff contention. That will sink the motivation of our football team, no doubt about it.

Sometimes it's about getting hot late. Our hiccup against Denver nonwithstanding, I think we can and will continue our streak and at least nab a wildcard spot if we can beat Carolina tonight. A huge key to that will be getting after Cam, making his life miserable. Our Cam will make sure that happens. I see an absolute dogfight tonight by both teams...our run game will struggle, but we will break a few long passes late in the game---finally a narrow Saints victory capped off by a late interception of Cam Newton.

Saints 28 Panthers 24

:scratch: :whodat:

Carolina was a 3 point favorite in the Dome and lost a close game. Now they are only 3 point favorites at home? I believe Cam will perform his Superman antics alot tonight and win the game by at least a TD.

Exactly right. If the Saints want any possibility of making the play-offs this year they must win this game. I'd love to see them do it. But,I just can't see the Panthers losing at home again this week. We'll see though.

Exactly right. If the Saints want any possibility of making the play-offs this year they must win this game. I'd love to see them do it. But,I just can't see the Panthers losing at home again this week. We'll see though.

Yeah, most everyone has the Saints taking this one..but it's going to be another Saints-Panthers game that comes down to the wire, I think. I think Mike Thomas will have a solid game tonight after his first "bad" game last week. Dude's a relentless competitor.

6 teams make the playoffs. As of now we are arent making it.

Cowboys
Giants
Lions
Vikings
Seahawks
Falcons

2 of those might change but it still doesnt put us in the playoffs. We are 4-5. If we win tonight (which I dont believe we do) We are at 5-5 with 6 games remaining. Tampa is in better shape than we are. We lose tonight and we are tied with Carolina for 3rd or last however you want to look at it. The playoff scenario was over when we started 0-3

Nothing implies in this game that the panthers will win. Should be a good one but the Saints are certainly the better team by a pretty good margin.

I thought last week was to have a comfortable chance of getting to the playoffs. Now this game has turned into last chance. Last chance to show our mini win streak was real. Last chance to gain any momentum for the last part of the season. Last chance to prove this year will be any different than the last few. One thing is for sure , the playoffs start tonight for this team.

Cowboys
Giants
Lions
Vikings
Seahawks
Falcons

2 of those might change but it still doesnt put us in the playoffs. We are 4-5. If we win tonight (which I dont believe we do) We are at 5-5 with 6 games remaining. Tampa is in better shape than we are. We lose tonight and we are tied with Carolina for 3rd or last however you want to look at it. The playoff scenario was over when we started 0-3

If we win we will be 5-5 and falcons 6-4. We only need to have a better record than them. And, what? tampa is in exacly the same shape as us, maybe worse since they won't play against the falcons anymore.

I think you have to play this game like a wildcard play- in game. Take shots, leave everything on the field, go for it on 4th down as much as possible, take chances.

Cowboys
Giants
Lions
Vikings
Seahawks
Falcons

It's just like... so so wrong dude.

if we are 5-5 everything is in play. Our schedule is easier, we end up holding tie breakers in a lot of scenarios because 3 of our losses our AFC, which means we will tend to have a better divisional record then the likes of Philly, Green Bay, and Minnesota.

We are 4-2 since our 0-3 start... better last 6 then most teams in the hunt for Wild Card spots.

5-5 was the goal a few weeks ago, and we are on the doorstep of it. In the last 6 games we play 4 against teams in this mix, we will be favored to win most if not all of them.

I struggle to see how a team like Tampa is in better shape, or how we are not just as in it as the teams we are clumped together with.

Cowboys
Giants
Lions
Vikings
Seahawks
Falcons

Tampa is in better shape? They have to play a hot Seattle and Chiefs team the next few weeks. I could easily see them dropping both. The only "locks" are SEA and DAL. Atlanta has two very tough games coming up. Granted they are at home, so that's definitely to their advantage, but I could see the dirty birds dropping a game in that stretch. At this point, we still have a good shot IMO. But we'll need to win most every game, obviously. Assuming that we win tonight (emphasis on assuming), the playoff scenario is most certainly not over.

We'll agree to disagree. I think we're still on a hot streak. I think we know what's at stake tonight, and I think we'll cash in on it.

Atlanta has already won the division. You just havent accepted it yet.

Yeah, it's that strong 1.5 game lead (with one less to play) and the history of second half success that really makes you feel like the Falcons are already wearing their hats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom