This is the game of the year for the Saints (1 Viewer)

I truly believe the Panthers have folded up the tent and I'm not so sure Riverboat Ron can rally the troops.

Brees will ultimately be too much for the Panthers secondary to overcome.
27-17 Saints.

Yeah, it's that strong 1.5 game lead (with one less to play) and the history of second half success that really makes you feel like the Falcons are already wearing their hats.

Hey, the falcons are super successful at late season collapses...you sure have that right. I'd almost forgotten about all the #quinning they were doing to start the season last year. Then they came to the dome and I don't think we had to hear about quinning ever again.

Losing tonight does all but mathematically eliminate us from the post season. Yet the only thing that winning will guarantee tonight is that we will (temporarily) be in second place in the NFC South. Yes, it will help to waah away some of the bad taste of last Sunday's loss, but I think that Denver loss will come back to haunt us even with a win tonight. That said, us fans should never say never as long as we are still in the race, but we would be talking about something akin to parting the Red Sea if we could manage to have everything fall into place for us to be in the playoffs.

We just took too long this year to assert ourselves as a true contender.

Atlanta has already won the division. You just havent accepted it yet.

This guy just hasn't watched ATL play lately and hasn't watched them down the stretch in previous years. They have the same weak mental makeup. Now, they very well could win the division, but they'll have to beat us again the last game of the season to do so. Saints are going at least 4-2 if not 5-1 going into that game. We will see what happens. 9-7 wins the South

Losing tonight does all but mathematically eliminate us from the post season. Yet the only thing that winning will guarantee tonight is that we will (temporarily) be in second place in the NFC South. Yes, it will help to waah away some of the bad taste of last Sunday's loss, but I think that Denver loss will come back to haunt us even with a win tonight. That said, us fans should never say never as long as we are still in the race, but we would be talking about something akin to parting the Red Sea if we could manage to have everything fall into place for us to be in the playoffs.

While we should have won, the Denver game means really NOTHING at all if we handle business in games we should win moving forward.

Carolina was a 3 point favorite in the Dome and lost a close game. Now they are only 3 point favorites at home? I believe Cam will perform his Superman antics alot tonight and win the game by at least a TD.

We did 6 points better than the spread, we do that tonight, we win by 9 or 10. I say we have a 17 point lead late 31-14 with the Panthers getting a late meaningless score to make the final closer than it really was: 31-21.

While it would be a terrible blow... it ABSOLUTLEY does not all but mathematically eliminate us from the playoffs.

9-7 has a more than fair shot at the wild card this year in the NFC... and going 5-1 with our last 6 game schedule is not an absurd proposition.

Nothing implies in this game that the panthers will win. Should be a good one but the Saints are certainly the better team by a pretty good margin.

Vegas disagrees, Carolina opened as a 4 point favorite and currently sit as a 3.5 point favorite. Home teams have won 7 out of 10 Thursday night games this year and the Vegas favorite is 8-2. Not saying we lose but don't agree with nothing implies the Panthers will win.

Foot on the gas for 4 quarters. If we have a lead
keep building it. Don't sit on it and let em catch up
like the NFL likes to see. So sick of that. I want a
blowout win with no mercy like SP used to be.

The games leading into the final week against Atlanta are entirely stackable. I'm not invested in anything except the team improving, I certainly don't think it's a championship year, but Atlanta has not shown any ability to separate from a mediocre NFC South field this year. Let it play out.

....last week the Denver game was the game of the year.

How is an AFC game, the game of the year? It's a nice resume builder but never going to be much of a tie-breaker as far as post-season.

this is the game of the year. and then next week will be the game of the year. the Saints have to play each game like that is the case which, in reality, it is. While the loss to Denver did hurt with the overall record, that was an AFC game and the rest of our games are NFC. We play against a couple of those teams which will help determine if we are playoff bound or not. Fact is they have to win out and they are in. Atlanta will lose another game before that last game in their dome. The division is still in doubt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom