This is the hump game (1 Viewer)

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
As far as how we have been looking so far in the regular season, as far as I am concerned this is the hump game. We either get over the hump, take advantage of the Falcons Injuries and start playing like the team we all thought we were, or we crumble and lose to a depleted and ripe for the pickings Falcons squad.

I dont see any magical runs or comes backs if we dont win this week. This has to be our break out game. This is the game that we either get over it and excel or its going to be another looong long season.

I truly, in my heart, have 100% believe that we come out and maul these guys. I will truly be disillusioned if we somehow get mauled, I dont think my eyes deceive me but thats what happens when you go with your heart.

I trust myself on this one and I hope the boys trust themselves as a team to come out there and start freaking firing on all cylinders.

This is the game gals and boyos, we will know what we have after this one, one way or the other.

This isn't a break out game or a hump game. It is what I would call, a "tone" game. This game is a chance for the Saints to set there tone for the rest of the season. The Saints are clearly the better team, and are stacked in talent. Coaches are pretty good. They should have this one easily. They will have some struggles here and there, but the "tone" will be set by the Saints. Screw Matt Cryin' and Cornholio.

Keep in mind, we were 1-2 after week three last season...

It's a road game in the NFL against a team that has "potentially" one of the top offenses and a coaching staff that knows us as well as we know them. And don't forget that this is the year of the Refs and the game deciding penalties.

On paper, they're down 5 key starters. We're down 3. (Ingram, Te'o, Davison)... Then factor in that although it's week 3, we're still trying to figure out our own defense. LBs and CBs specifically.

This game could go all sorts of ways. I agree that this game could be the one where we put it all together. It could spark a run. But if it doesn't go our way, I'm don't think it sends us to the pit of misery. (for the week yeah, we'd be in Hell... but not for the season).

All that said, this game is very important. Like @Humperdoo said, lose and we're 1-2, but more importantly we'd be 0-2 in the division. So here's praying our defense and offense shows up today... and the refs don't.

As usual Dutar great post.
And yes, scarier than the 0-2 division part is that the Birds would be 2-0 out of the gate in the division.

We need to play well and win this game. So far we have one win over an AFC opponent, which matters the least of all wins at the end of the year. Geaux Saints!

This game is huge. Gotta win it! Payton will pull out all the stops. Brees, Smith, and Davenport will be unleashed.

Wish we had a primary RB. If we lose this game, Ingram has to take a big share of the blame.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom