This is the hump game (1 Viewer)

It's a road game in the NFL against a team that has "potentially" one of the top offenses and a coaching staff that knows us as well as we know them. And don't forget that this is the year of the Refs and the game deciding penalties.

On paper, they're down 5 key starters. We're down 3. (Ingram, Te'o, Davison)... Then factor in that although it's week 3, we're still trying to figure out our own defense. LBs and CBs specifically.

This game could go all sorts of ways. I agree that this game could be the one where we put it all together. It could spark a run. But if it doesn't go our way, I'm don't think it sends us to the pit of misery. (for the week yeah, we'd be in Hell... but not for the season).

All that said, this game is very important. Like @Humperdoo said, lose and we're 1-2, but more importantly we'd be 0-2 in the division. So here's praying our defense and offense shows up today... and the refs don't.
Now THAT is a good post. :9:

Wish we had a primary RB. If we lose this game, Ingram has to take a big share of the blame.
When I first heard of the suspension, I didn't think it would be a big deal. I was wrong. It's a big deal.

Wow, Falcons made it a crazy game. Here is the thing though, we got over. we demonstrated the absolute will to win. We conquered this game no matter the margin. We earned this win. This team proved its mettle against immense pressure! (especially with injuries). Saints win and now we are onto next week where we can really roll! This was the big one, could we fight back and show character? we did! now we know we can! Todays win will go a long way this season. We can always make the plays we need, even in times of duress!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom