This is the scariest Mock Draft I've seen (WalterFootball), but it also seems possible...(merged) (1 Viewer)

I would hope the Philly trade-down would be available in that case. If not take one of the O-lineman (Albert or Clady) or Mike Jenkins.

I could see us going DE in that situation too though.

Rather see one of the remaining OTs or even Matt Ryan.

If the Scary Mock from WalterFootball were true here is an Idea!!

Now in the Walterfootball.com mock Matt Ryan falls out of the Top 10 but what if the Saints instead of drafting (reaching IMO) for Balmer Make a Trade with the Falcons

OK I was sitting watch "Total Access" & "Path to the Draft" last night and they were talking about the Falcons. Now a common thread scenario they discussed was to draft Glenn Dorsey at the #3 spot in the mock Seddrick Ellis and then to package their second round picks to get back into the first round to get Matt Ryan. Now it's common knowledge that Dorsey is the coach's pick and Ryan is the Owner's pick, so it's in my opinion this actually could happen. Now the biggest event that most happen is that Matt Ryan falls pass Baltimore because we know that Cincy "Home of Palmer" won't select a QB. So there sits Ryan at pick 10. Now there is a possibility that (11)Buffalo could select Ryan or (13)Carolina.

The Saint have pick 10 value: 1300 pts

The Falcons have picks: 34 Value: 560, 37 Value: 530, 48 Total: 1090 + Falcon's desperate need for a QB of the future.

The Falcons Trade back up into the First Round with the 34th, 37th and next years 1st Rounder to get to the Saints pick at 10.

This would give the Falcons their 2 first round picking Glenn Dorsey/Seddrick Ellis and Matt Ryan and they keep their second rounder at 48.

The Saints now have 3 First day pick to do with as they wish DT, CB, S, LB or trade one of them for more picks and 2 first rounders next year.

Saints would have

Round 1: No Pick or Optimistic view: Robert Meachem
Round 2: pick 34: Possible Pick: Kenny Phillips
Round 2: pick 37: Possible Pick: Aqib Talib (little dope drops to the 2nd)
Round 2: pick 40: Possible Pick: Trevor Laws
Round 3: Marcus Howard
Round 4: No Pick or Optimistic view: Jonathan Vilma
Rounds 5 - 7 Normal Picks

that is true...they would have to throw in all of their picks at least....34, 37, 48 + next years first....we'd have to feel like we were robbing them blind in order to do this..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom