This is what 65 million in dead money over two years and injuries do to you... (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
mediocre defense wiped out by injuries and no depth to replace it. Just got to let it pass like a kidney stone when next year rolls around where we will be much better off.

mediocre defense wiped out by injuries and no depth to replace it. Just got to let it pass like a kidney stone when next year rolls around where we will be much better off.

Right we will finally be able to start the rebuild that should've started 3 years ago. That old cap wizard Mickey Loomis right?

But we still gonna a have to make the right choices on who we pick up in FA or we will be back to square one with dead money

But we still gonna a have to make the right choices on who we pick up in FA or we will be back to square one with dead money

This is what scares me. Based on past history, we should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad but true!

CsQ_8-BUAAI-fF9.jpg

The dead money is what's killing us. We have no depth and people starting who shouldn't be.

We have to be much, much better at evaluating free agents. We need to be doing more 1-2 yr deals then if they prove themselves sign them to bigger long term contracts.

We also need to be much more careful about cutting high cap casualties like Galette. It's terrible that we're paying him milllions of dollars to be starting on another team.

Most of all we have to get out of cap hell. The very nature of how Loomis is able to shift the cap burden to future is a big part of the problem and because of how those contracts are written that we get doubly burned if they get cut.

A few years ago, Loomis was the toast of the town., now he's the roast of the town. There's allot of fingering pointing now that the Saints have hit rock bottom. Yes, we're at rock bottom folks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - We are no where near rock bottom. When we get to 1-12 and the fans are wearing brown paper bags over their heads then we will be near the bottom :9:

And fans really shouldn't be wearing paper bags on their heads shows the team that we ain't got their backs yeah I understand that it was a normal thing in the past but come on we are the new generation of fans and we need to have our teams back.

And fans really shouldn't be wearing paper bags on their heads shows the team that we ain't got their backs yeah I understand that it was a normal thing in the past but come on we are the new generation of fans and we need to have our teams back.

I don't under the paper bag mentality. I know the Super Bowl was a few years ago, but it's still recent. And before that, there were good days with Mora and Hasslett's 2000 season. It's not like the Saints have been the Lions.

Show me a defense in the history of the league that has survived losing as much talent as we have on defense and still played well. Nobody but Bill Belichik could survive this onslaught of injuries. It has nothing to do with dead money or lack of depth. Go ahead, take any defense in the history of the game. Take away 8 significant defensive players with at least 5 starters. They'd be decimated.

I am not sure if this deserves its own thread, but here it is.

In 2016 the New Orleans Saints have $37,885,635 in dead cap space.

What can $37,885,635 get you?

Olivier Vernon ($29,000,000) and Sam Shields ($8,885,635)
or
Richard Sherman ($12,569,000), Brandon Marshall (lb $12,553,000), and Gerald McCoy (12,500,000)
or
Von Miller ($25,100,000), Elvis Dumervil ($5,000,000), Kam Chancellor ($5,100,000), and Vontaze Burfict ($2,547,059)
or
Earl Thomas ($8,000,000), Chandler Jones ($7,799,000), Dont'a Hightower ($7,751,000), Cameron Wake ($7,125,000), and Maurkice Pouncey ($7,000,000)

This makes me a sad panda.

I am not sure if this deserves its own thread, but here it is.

In 2016 the New Orleans Saints have $37,885,635 in dead cap space.

What can $37,885,635 get you?

Olivier Vernon ($29,000,000) and Sam Shields ($8,885,635)
or
Richard Sherman ($12,569,000), Brandon Marshall (lb $12,553,000), and Gerald McCoy (12,500,000)
or
Von Miller ($25,100,000), Elvis Dumervil ($5,000,000), Kam Chancellor ($5,100,000), and Vontaze Burfict ($2,547,059)
or
Earl Thomas ($8,000,000), Chandler Jones ($7,799,000), Dont'a Hightower ($7,751,000), Cameron Wake ($7,125,000), and Maurkice Pouncey ($7,000,000)

This makes me a sad panda.

Excellent point! This thread needs to be pinned.

I'm sure Loomis will make sure to cut some people in the middle of the year to see if he can top his own personal "dead money record".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom