This is what a brown recluse spider bite looks like... (2 Viewers)

It means that as far as this post goes, "pest control" seems a misnomer. Unless somehow it was your plan to end up with a quasi-gangrenous growth on your leg? If so, you are indeed a wunderkind of control (my bad,) but if as I suspect this was not in your plan at all then I am attempting to come up with a more apt term. I apologize if the term, "pest association" is causing problems with your union, I can see how that could be problematic...
Ok.
Whatever 🙄

My father's cousin got bit by one years ago (just days after he retired) cleaning out his cabin (in remote WI). Didn't realize it was a spider bite, he died in the helicopter on the way to the hospital.

Nothing to mess around with, hope you heal well and completely woohoo
Thank you!

In the urgent care waiting room as we speak.
Nausea, numbness and pain are starting to set in.

I work in the pest control industry.
This happened at a customer's house due to high grass in the yard.
It felt like a fire ant bite at first...but within 24 hours the blister appeared and then doubled in size 12 hours after it first appeared.
The first picture is from yesterday...the second picture is from this morning.

Dood,

Why'd you bite the spider?

I work in the pest control industry.
This happened at a customer's house due to high grass in the yard.
It felt like a fire ant bite at first...but within 24 hours the blister appeared and then doubled in size 12 hours after it first appeared.
The first picture is from yesterday...the second picture is from this morning.
Tell me you went to the ER

Close, heh.
I admit, I didn't get through the thread yet I was so alarmed! I'm not a "run to the ER" kind of person but my husband got bit and we mos def wound up in the ER where they removed the necrotic tissue around his bite. He still calls it "surgery". I'm like, dude, that was not surgery, it was debridement.

Nasty. Fortunately, I can't remember the last time I ran into one. I've seen my share of black widows though. Never been bitten by either. The worst I've had were yellow jackets and bumblebees.

Fire ants are painful also, but if it's just one, tolerable, but a handful...yikes!
I haven't walked barefoot on the grass since the second day I moved to the Deep South. Dang banana boats ruined one of life's greatest pleasures.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom