This is what a brown recluse spider bite looks like... (13 Viewers)

I canā€™t say that I (personally) know anyone named Ruth, so I guess my life is Ruthless.

Does that make me eligible to be a Member of the Ruthless Club?

I do hope the OP recovers and the bite doesnā€™t become increasingly necrotic.

Just another perk of living up north. Not a whole ton of poisonous anything's up here.

Hope that leg heals up for you. I've seen pics of those bites and it makes my skin crawl. Nasty little critters.

I have seen many of co-workers bit by one and are out of work for 2-4 weeks but somehow I have never been bit.()we are cable installers/repair techs that often have to crawl under houses or through attics). Somehow I have never been bitten by one in the 25 years I have been working this job. (knocking on wood) I do get a more adverse react5ion to wasp stings so i keep a pack of Bendryl in my glove box to take as soon as I get stung by one, if two get me then I go to the emergency room for a shot, Friday afternoon I got stung on the lower right calf and took 2 Benidryl liquid caps and 2 more the evening. My calf is still swollen but not as bad so I take one capsule when it bothers me and will continue the until the swelling is gone.

I have seen many of co-workers bit by one and are out of work for 2-4 weeks but somehow I have never been bit.()we are cable installers/repair techs that often have to crawl under houses or through attics). Somehow I have never been bitten by one in the 25 years I have been working this job. (knocking on wood) I do get a more adverse react5ion to wasp stings so i keep a pack of Bendryl in my glove box to take as soon as I get stung by one, if two get me then I go to the emergency room for a shot, Friday afternoon I got stung on the lower right calf and took 2 Benidryl liquid caps and 2 more the evening. My calf is still swollen but not as bad so I take one capsule when it bothers me and will continue the until the swelling is gone.
With what you do and having allergies? I would carry an epipen

About 14 years ago we had a pest technician in another region die from anaphylactic shock due to wasp sting.
My company mandates that employees who are allergic to stings/bites carry an EpiPen.
This guy left his EpiPen in his truck and walked up to the house to let the customer know that he was there.

As he was doing pest control around the exterior of the house he got stung on the neck by, at least, one red wasp.
Customer realized 2 hours later that his truck was still out in front of her house and found him dead on her side lawn.

With what you do and having allergies? I would carry an epipen
I have asked my dr about that and he said just keep a pack benidryl close by and if that dosn't work get to an emergency room for a shot. As long as I get the Benedryl pills right after is doesn't cause anything but swelling of the area and some pain. If I get stung in the neck or face (only happened once, Thank GOD) then I will get a shot as soon as I can.

About 14 years ago we had a pest technician in another region die from anaphylactic shock due to wasp sting.
My company mandates that employees who are allergic to stings/bites carry an EpiPen.
This guy left his EpiPen in his truck and walked up to the house to let the customer know that he was there.

As he was doing pest control around the exterior of the house he got stung on the neck by, at least, one red wasp.
Customer realized 2 hours later that his truck was still out in front of her house and found him dead on her side lawn.
TiL how dangerous pest control is

Oh, how horrible for that homeowner. I'd have to move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom