This is what happens with brand recognition of the negative variety. (1 Viewer)

However, there is the point of an athlete keeping their image clean and out of the lime light as it can damage their chances for endorsements. Many pros can make as much from endorsements and appearances as from their salaries. Some just don't understand the connection.

They are the ones that go after these athletes to wear their products, they take this risk.

However, there is the point of an athlete keeping their image clean and out of the lime light as it can damage their chances for endorsements. Many pros can make as much from endorsements and appearances as from their salaries. Some just don't understand the connection.

This is pretty much a basic rule for everyone, not just athletes. It shouldn't be surprising. It shouldn't be something that we treat as something peculiar to the world of professional athletes and their "branding." It's a basic life lesson that everyone has to learn and some choose to learn in harder, more expensive ways than others.

Don't be a jerk. Don't break the law. Be a good person in the community. Be professional in your work.

Do these things and you will increase your chances of success in work and life. This will be rewarding both financially and personally. We all have a "brand."

:shrug:

people that buy stuff just because a celebrity wears it are dumb anyway. I understand why compaines want celebrity endorcers but if you truly buy something just because a celebrity was paid to say how good it is then, well I feel sorry for you. As for the companies, I've always heard there is no such thing as bad publicity. I had never heard of "Athletes first" until this article.

I wonder how many mugshots get taken where the suspect is wearing Dallas Cowboys gear. I'll be Jerry doesn't care LOL.

unless customers return stuff they bought b/c of whatever misfortune, then i doubt there is much long term effect
the company(ies) will just jump on the next train that pulls into the station
this probably only really effects non-profits like livestrong, etc

Its all about whose image can sell the most of our crap. If Hernandez was cleared of all charges and allegations and went on to have a probowl season, Muscle sperm milk and others would be at his feet to sign a deal to wear that stupid looking beenie. Look at Tiger Woods, lose Tag Heuer and gain Rolex. its all tacoes to me.

He's alleged to have shot a man in the face and is now a possible murder suspect. I believe that there must have been other bad incidents that occurred. Due diligence failed or hiding away the dirt? :scratch:

Its all about whose image can sell the most of our crap. If Hernandez was cleared of all charges and allegations and went on to have a probowl season, Muscle sperm milk and others would be at his feet to sign a deal to wear that stupid looking beenie. Look at Tiger Woods, lose Tag Heuer and gain Rolex. its all tacoes to me.

Muscle sperm milk?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom