This is why I don't believe preseason wins/losses and partial performances matter... (1 Viewer)

Wow, be honest, you haven't really watched any of the games? We have not been shredded by any of these guys. Big Ben had a good game, escaping pressure when it was there. Garoppolo, Osweiler didn't look good against our first string defense. Surprisingly defense was excellent in the first 1 games, played okay in the third. Our offense was terrible all 3 games.

I would go as far as to say in the second game not only the starters looked good on defense, but the backups looked good too. That was a all around good game by the 1s, 2s and 3s.

In the first game starters were amazing and backups looked good with some mistakes.

Third game was not good at all.

It's not about preseason record as much as what we're seeing on the field. Especially with the o-line. The playbook will open up when the season starts but it won't matter if drew is running for his life on every snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's take a look at the 2008 Detroit Lions:

In 2008 they looked really good in preseason, so good that they ended up finishing 4-0 undefeated in the preseason. Well then the regular season comes along and there is hope and excitement in Detroit. That was followed up by the team going on to lose all their games and finishing 0-16.

That Lions team was not as talented across the board as our current Saints team is. Even our o-line is probably better than theirs was.

So with that being said. We really shouldn't panic. There is still time for the o-line to get their **** together and be ready to play better in the regular. I don't care if we go 0-4 in the preseason, it literally has nothing to do with how we will be in the regular season. Heck maybe we do the opposite of the Lions and end up going 16-0... :hihi: One can wish right! So far at 0-0 that is still a possibility. One game at a time, bring on Oakland! Who Dat!

OutlawSaint your consistent optimism is a breath of fresh air, especially right now bro! I appreciate you! It's not out of the realm of possibility that our OLine gets their **** together. They usually do right? At least to a certain degree. Above other starters I have the most hope in Peat being the most improved as the season goes on. Even though many, including Sean Payton, saying Peat is a pure tackle; Peat's past and current coaches sing his praises of being extremely smart, a quick learner, and a hard worker. I think even though he's a tackle, he's going to get it together with each repetition.

Without reading all the comments, I think people tend to forget how vital a structured gameplan is for continuity on the offensive line. When the season starts, and these guys start getting coached on a game plan for the opposing front seven with their stunts and blitz packages, I think we will see better results.

Meanwhile the Texans are dominating the Cardinals in game 3, 31-10.

OutlawSaint your consistent optimism is a breath of fresh air, especially right now bro! I appreciate you! It's not out of the realm of possibility that our OLine gets their **** together. They usually do right? At least to a certain degree. Above other starters I have the most hope in Peat being the most improved as the season goes on. Even though many, including Sean Payton, saying Peat is a pure tackle; Peat's past and current coaches sing his praises of being extremely smart, a quick learner, and a hard worker. I think even though he's a tackle, he's going to get it together with each repetition.

Always the glass if half full kind of guy :9: Also like some other people mentioned, a full game plan for regular season games will help the offensive line out a good amount. We've seen in past preseasons the offensive line struggle but come week 1 they are ready to play or at least better than in the preseason.

I don't think pre-season records themselves are that important. You have to see what your first teamers do against the other team's first teamers. I would say it's been a mixed bag for the Saints, meaning I have no clue what they'll do once the games count. I'll be pulling for them regardless.

It's not about wins and losses it is about first team performance. Plenty of teams win late in preseason when no longer playing the first teamers. Were the lions winning early in those games?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom