This is why i hate Valentines day (1 Viewer)

Well I am lucky. My wife doesnt believe in V-Day either. IT is a stupid holiday. We went out to eat the night before adn that was about it. Not really a V-Day dinner just a "neither one of us wants to cook" dinner

T

Seriously, I'd buy about 20 cards at the store and just keep them hidden somewhere so that you have one armed and ready when the occasion sneaks up on you each year.

I feel your pain. This was my experience for V-Day. (Keep in mind that my Wife's Birthday is also in Feb and we are doing some work to our house)

Me: Do you want anything special for Valentine's Day?
Her: Nothing
Me: Ok I won't get you anything then
(insert a few days)
Her: Are you getting me a card?.
Me: You said that you didn't want anything
Her: I don't
Me: A card is something
Her: No a card is nothing
Me: Ok I will get you a card, do you want anything else for your birthday?
Her: You better get me something
Me: A card?
Her: No a card is nothing, a gift is something

I swear I felt like I was in the old Abbot and Costello "Who's on First" sketch.

Someone should video the crowd of men in Rite Aid at 5 p.m. the day before V-day, Mothers Day, etc. They all have the same look of desperation and resignation, knowing that if they don't come up with just the right card, there'll be hell to pay. I know, I'm usuallly in that crowd.

Yea I think that's obviously the answer. Too bad its a year away, I look forward to the cries about no flowers, no dinner, no back massage... all you got me was this stinkin' card!

...and the best part, the unopened chocolates sat for a day or two and I asked why (because she digs chocolate), her response was hmmf I like Godiva better...

I just remembered that.

Duuude

Wow dude that's extremely harsh.. I'm glad I have a wife who is appreciative of anything she gets. I can't stand when people aren't glad they got a gift or say they wanted something else.. it takes everything in me not to hit them.

Wow

You should have let her have it for being selfish.

i agree 100%

x-mas was less than 2 months ago.....if your woman gets mad because you didn't do something like get her a card, especially after you cooked dinner, etc, than she is selfish.....

next year, buy that woman a vacuum cleaner

See you guys are looking at this all wrong, the problem isn't valentine's day, its women. Think about the difference in celebrating your girlfriend/wife's birthday or your buddy's birthday. Totally different. You don't even need to remember your buddy's birthday, he'll remind you when its time to go get some drinks. On the other hand anything you do for her, as shown above, will not be enough.

Now before you try and say they aren't the same b/c look at the relationship differences etc. Well you just wait until one of her friends doesn't do exactly what she wants on her birthday. Same fireworks, only she *****es at you instead of the friend.

See you guys are looking at this all wrong, the problem isn't valentine's day, its women. Think about the difference in celebrating your girlfriend/wife's birthday or your buddy's birthday. Totally different. You don't even need to remember your buddy's birthday, he'll remind you when its time to go get some drinks. On the other hand anything you do for her, as shown above, will not be enough.

You're right!
Guess I would have been better off marrying my buddy.

You're right!
Guess I would have been better off marrying my buddy.

If only it was legal in this state :shrug:

Plus I bet he wouldn't mind you hooking up with all the ladies you could find. Don't even get me started on your wife's reaction to that one. :hihi:

what the hell is with women and cards? If i buy a gift for a friend (like almost never) I'm not gonna get, nor would said friend expect a dumb card...

I will never understand that with women. Its a damn card for God's sake...

See you guys are looking at this all wrong, the problem isn't valentine's day, its women.

to take it a step further, men have to shoulder some of the blame as well......years of buying presents and flowers doesn't help the situation....not to mention the guys who send their wife a $200 bouquet to the office and all of the other ladies ooooh and ahhhh over it......which leads to them saying "why didn't you buy me flowers??"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom