This is why raider game had such a low turn out from saints fan (1 Viewer)

bigdub81

Official SR Logo Designer
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that this had anything to do with why attendance was low for that game. I'd say that it was likely how we played during the preseason that caused the lax crowd.

nickj009

Veteran
Reaction score
This a moronic, shortsighted, dull-witted, and unintelligent post.

It is people like you that give Southerners a bad reputation for being intolerant and ignorant.

I was born and raised in Nola and have lived in California for 15 years and the people here are the opposite of what you say. A few bad people does not make a whole.

Please consider being more open minded in the future and not making decisions and posts about people and cultures that you have little or no experience with.

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

It is people like you that give Southerners a bad reputation for being intolerant and ignorant.

I was born and raised in Nola and have lived in California for 15 years and the people here are the opposite of what you say. A few bad people does not make a whole.

Please consider being more open minded in the future and not making decisions and posts about people and cultures that you have little or no experience with.
That's rich... Baseball fatalities happen every season... Or every other.

Mudbug67

Katz & Besthoff
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

Just curious as to how you know about his experiences with west coast people and culture. I'm not clear either way from his post.

If 6 people get shot over the weekend in NO, that shows a violent culture, even though it's a minority of citizens. What makes Cali any different?
mb

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In contrast, SaintAnger and I went to the Saints/Giants game in East Rutherford and couldn't have been treated any better. Giants fans were very cordial. We tailgated with a mixed bag of Saints fans and Giants fans before and after the game.

Living in Maryland, I have attended many Saints road games over the years in Baltimore, Charlotte, Washington, etc, and Giants fans were hands down the most easygoing. Before the game many even thanked us for "coming to New York, or New Jersey, whatever" for the game. Good people.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This had nothing to do with the number of Raiders fans at the game. That team just travels well and their fans buy every ticket they can get their hands on. Whether it's the visiting team tickets the team gets or every ticket available on Stub Hub, Ticket Exhange, etc. I doubt there was any sort of unusual number of tickets available from resellers, it's just that 90% of the ones that were got bought by the massive cult following of Raiders fans.

The same thing happened at this past weekend's Raiders at Ravens game. There were huge roars whenever Oakland did anything good.

Oakland, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and to a slightly lesser extent, Dallas....you play one of those teams, be prepared for their fans to take over your stadium.

We'd be more accustomed to it if we played Oakland at home more often, but as it stands right now, we only see them once every 8 seasons, so most Saints fans are unfamiliar. When the Raiders come to town though, they take over your stadium and also take over your city. Despite how bad they've been, they have a strong following. This wasn't an issue the last time they were here simply because our team didn't give them a chance to cheer - I believe we won 34-3.

SuperQuincy

You said it mon!
Reaction score
Does the fact that it was 2 guys from New York (albeit still Raiders fans) that traveled to Maryland for the game give us any pause to Californians. Or are we still holding them accountable?

SaintSansPeur

Seffner Saint
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

The pot may have just met the kettle....

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
Someone said the recent flooding might have had something to do with the lack of attendance.
This was a huge factor coupled with the fact that attendance is a bit down overall across the league. Add a dash of back to back 7-9 campaigns and a sprinkle of 0-4 preseason and a pinch of uncommon AFC opponent and the mystery of the low Saints fan turnout evaporates a bit.

OP

sidwin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Just curious as to how you know about his experiences with west coast people and culture. I'm not clear either way from his post.

If 6 people get shot over the weekend in NO, that shows a violent culture, even though it's a minority of citizens. What makes Cali any different?
mb
My cousin has been a season ticket holder of the raider for over 20 years. He was there when bo ended his career. I've been to a couple of games with him. Never once in his 20 years has he not seen a fight in the stands. When I went with him he specifically asked me not to wear saints gear. He said the fighting has gotten better with security presence but he said back in the late 90's the fans would even fight themselves due to lack of cheering.

On my flight back from Oakland that same weekend the southwest plane was loaded with raiders fan. The plane picked up saints fan in Austin. The attendant asked them to please calm down.

Then reading how our fans were treated in SAN Diego this weekend.... philly and raiders are the probably the worse I've seen. Like harbaugh said at the end of the day it's a family event. Beating up the other teams fan is insane much less leaving the guy with in icu.

Aintasinner

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
There were a lot of Raider fans in the section where I own season tickets. Couldn't have been a nicer bunch of people! They bantered back and forth with us but none of it was insulting or ugly. After the game, several of them extended their hands to shake ours and say, "Great game!"

OP

sidwin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
That's rich... Baseball fatalities happen every season... Or every other.
Let's not forget the dodges fan that is now a vegetable. We have our own problems with violence but it has been proven that there is less crime committed when the saints play football. Wdsu posted how crime is down and less calls to 911 when we are playing.

sam rey

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
This is yet another problem the NFL is not addressing sufficiently. Fan safety, albeit from other fans, appears to be increasing. Predictably, the league will merely cobble together half measures and PR damage control until it effects their bottom line. Meanwhile, the folks who pay the salaries, US, will be left to fend for ourselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom