This is why SR is FAMILY (1 Viewer)

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread but felt it needed to have its own. Back when Katrina hit New Orleans and Saints fans from across the globe united to help rebuild New Orleans via physical labor and/or fundraisers, this site turned from a sports webpage to FAMILY. We met some amazing Who Dats who have become friends that we keep in touch with more than friends we spent everyday with during grade school and high school.. REAL friends.

Rachel did a painting of RedlandsSaint's wife, we met them for the first time for dinner to give them the painting and now they come to our house to visit when they fly in from California to a game each year. BlueDogMan and his wife.. the same thing. We do dinner and spend time together almost every season, I've crashed at their house for an away game and we spent time together with our families at the beach riding some waves when we were in Virginia for the Junior Olympics.

We've had some great food and drinks at tailgates full of laughter (Boatsnbeer helped us find the tailgate by blowing a Photoshopped picture of my head on a guy's body twisting his own nipples), been invited to parties and enjoy txting back and forth with so many members of the site that I swear it's more of a family than many people have.
"The Idiot Extravaganza" with ThisIsNewOrleans, Flippy, Black&Gold4Life, Courtney (you'll always be Courtney and not your screen name in my heart buddy), Wpak, and Bulldog.. we GOTTA do that again. The SR picnic out in Metairie, etc. Most people don't get it when I tell them that we met through a Saints website, but it's true and it's real.

Why am I writing about this? Well as you all know, Louisiana was hit by the craziest "un-named storm" ever and many of us lost our houses and possessions. Who has been contacting us more than anyone to check on us? Our SR family. Our SR family in Cali has sent us monetary help without us asking, FranktheRat brought us pizza and drinks while we were gutting the house because while he's not able to physically help, he knew our boys loved pizza and could use a treat. DoubleDee immediately started blowing up my FB messages asking what we needed, how they could help and her husband and kids got our boys some new baseball gloves since they lost theirs and then came over and helped us demo the house. SebaSaint drove down from HOUSTON to help the region and since the church he was going to help had plenty of help.. he said he wanted to come help us so he and his brother spent the day helping us tear the house down. Boudro is working on putting some stuff together for the boys. Bclemms wants to treat us to dinner, ThisisNewOrleans and numerous members from SR who are on FB have been txting us to check up on us to see what we need, saying they want to help and the list goes on and on. (Please don't feel offended if I left your name off, my mind is still mush right now.) I even got a txt from a KC fan living in Illinois that I'm friends with on FB because of SR who said if I needed him to call him and he'd be on a plane headed this way. He invited us up to the game in KC and said he'd get our tickets.

I can't watch a Saints game without going back and forth with txts to SR members talking about every play.. It drives Rach crazy cuz she doesn't get it but it does make the games even more enjoyable. I'm constantly getting going back and forth making fun of CT_Saints_Fan, etc

I know none of these guys/gals were wanting or expecting any recognition but I wanted to post this to show one important thing.. that even if we bicker on the boards sometimes or get snarky with certain posters.... when push comes to shove THIS IS FAMILY.. not just another sports website.

We love you guys,

Kevin (KOS ugly dude to the right) and Rachel (Keepoursaintswife... the good looking one next to him)

Attachments

• sr-demo-crew1.jpg
    sr-demo-crew1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 235
Good luck with everything, Kev...and to all my Louisiana "family". I wish I had been able to come help but work commitments and all that. It does the heart good to see people helping people for no other reason than they needed it. God bless.

It looks like you've got things under control. :9: So glad to hear updates like this one.

I have to ask about the Skimstone floors. :D Did you still have them at the time of the flood, and how did they hold up? I just think that is such a brilliant concept given the risk of water and task of having to clean up afterward. For those not married to an artist, stencils are available.

Good luck on the rebuilding!

We had just bought this house a year ago and it had wood floors throughout but I'm planning to skimstone it now to save costs and avoid having to deal with the floor if we flood again. The skimstone should hold up just fine with the floodwaters though.

And thanks!

We can argue,We can red thumb each other, but in the end we look out for one another in time of need of this forum. Many times it is just asking for prayers. I really enjoy posting on this forum with this crew. This is kind of like another family. Anyway keep the faith!

Domey

So who are the two on the right then? :hihi:

I got your back DeeDee!! :9:

LOL when I typed it I forgot the picture was going to be attached :covri:

No offense DeeDee!

Edit: I fixed the post so as to not have my friend from Ponchatoula come over to hurt me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom