This is why we are the best fan base! (1 Viewer)

Hey why not. We are the only fans that embrace the slogan. "Welcome to Louisiana. Home of the Who Dat Nation". Sounds great to me.

It’s the announcers during a football game when they repeatedly say new or-lee-ann Saints. I’m like how many syllables are you trying to fit in there!??

You know my peeve about outsider saying New Orleans by pronouncing it New Or LEEN. It should be pronounce New Or le an.
Ok, so yes I also hate this as a native, but on the other hand, it is confusing. I never noticed this until my Colombian wife pointed it out.

We say New Orleans (or-lens), but then we say Orleans (or-leans) Avenue/Parish. To us, this is normal. To outsiders, this is confusing.

Ok, so yes I also hate this as a native, but on the other hand, it is confusing. I never noticed this until my Colombian wife pointed it out.

We say New Orleans (or-lens), but then we say Orleans (or-leans) Avenue/Parish. To us, this is normal. To outsiders, this is confusing.

Well I guess I can see the confusion there.

[QUOTE="LetsGetWaffles, post: 7597234, member:

[/QUOTE]

Phonetic reconciliation.

Welcome to Louisiana! Sure, we drove the women and commerce out with draconian laws, but hey, enjoy the pro football team.

(I know, I know - that my slogan is too wordy for a highway welcome board)

Welcome to Louisiana! Sure, we drove the women and commerce out with draconian laws, but hey, enjoy the pro football team.

(I know, I know - that my slogan is too wordy for a highway welcome board)
Hell, they left that "Busses Only" sign up on Canal Street for years right before Claiborne before the streetcar was back when the buses used to roll where the tracks are now. I know it's only two words and all but still...It pretty much really said, "Welcome to downtown New Orleans. We're too stupid to spell buses!" Just got to figure out a way to come up with a two word phrase to sum up your slogan there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom