This is why we should not trade next years first (1 Viewer)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
IMO, we should not touch next years first, even if it is for Dorsey who I believe is the best prospect at his position in ages.
This is why
http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

Look at that 2009 mock. Alright, some of those prospects are juniors etc., but that class is on another level than this years. This year at 10 unless we are lucky we will be reaching. Next year, Tyson Jackson, Ray Mauluga, Knowshown Moreno and Sean Lee might be around at 10. Talk about a draft full of impact players.

Now, before you try and argue that Dorsey is a once in a lifetime player who is worth anything, imagine this scenario. A main player (I won't jinx by naming names) gets injured early along with Dorsey. We are in position to select someone like Malcolm Jenkins to solve our history of CB woes. But no, the Rams have our pick

Taylor Mays is a beast. Plays free safety at 6'4'' 235 lbs. 4.28 40 time.

p2ut2is9.jpg

wow...drafting dorsey and losing next year pick we would lost the 32 pickat first in the next season ... thats good for me

Crabtree was by far the best WR last year as a freshman.
Except for that dropped TD at the end of the game in the endzone to beat whoever it was..

If anything, seeing that projected 1st round for 2009 makes me more willing to trade that 1st for Glenn Dorsey, at least personally.

Wow they have us drafting

n15626.jpg

Next year i'm excited about Phil Loadholt

1329131.jpeg

Last edited:
we are drafting in the #10 spot again next year?
I'm not saying that, I'm comparing the two classes and saying that the team picking at 10 next year will have a much better chance of a getting a good value player who will have a great impact on them or fill a need than we do.

Of course it's alright to discuss this now before the college football season has even begun. This time last year I would have had Brian Brohm to the Jags or Texans at #1 in the 2008 draft. The emergence of Michael Crabtree is a perfect example, lot's of players like him might come through this season or noone will and all the first round rated players will get injured. We just can't tell right now.

Well if we get Dorsey and now have a good Dline and Oline. Don't you think that we can fix our holes in FA next year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom