This Isn’t College. One Loss Does Not End The Season (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t know why or how this mentality entered this fanbase, but one loss, especially in September. This isn’t college. There are no rankings. We do not have to rely on some mysterious committee.
The Saints are 1-1. The season isn’t over.

In the NFC, it might as well feel like that.

there was a stat they showed on tv the percentage of teams making the playoffs being 1-1 vs. 0-2.

since that’s only 1 game, I’m sure they have a stat of 1-1 vs being 2-0.

Especially losing to a divisional opponent. I have every confidence to say this loss will play into effect at the end of the season where fans will go, “what could have been had we not lost to Carolina…”

This team, and any contender in the league, can make the playoffs, win the division and be top 3 seed all with 4-6 losses. Crazy how much people forget that right after a loss.

As loaded as the NFC looks, just in the West, the #1 seed looks like it will come down to tiebreakers. The top 3 or 4 seeds will have the same records with about 4-5 losses.

Last edited:
Agreed, but this was a brutal comedown from last week, though.

I remember thinking the season was over last year after the Green Bay game. Saints were 1-2...but then came 9 wins in a row.

Tough, ugly loss. But, you're right. The season is a marathon and not a sprint. Who Dat!

Half the team was out. Most of the coaches were out. I don't know if the team went home between weeks but if they did I am sure it was a real treat due to the hurricane damage from before. There's literally nothing you can take from this game. Yeah, we suck when like 10 pro bowl-level guys aren't dressed, most teams do.

I'd hope the Panthers win in that situation if we had that many guys not play, in fact, I'm amazed they didn't beat us by more. The new stupid 17 game season also means this is probably the most meaningless and least impactful loss in Saints history.

Half the team was out. Most of the coaches were out. I don't know if the team went home between weeks but if they did I am sure it was a real treat due to the hurricane damage from before. There's literally nothing you can take from this game. Yeah, we suck when like 10 pro bowl-level guys aren't dressed, most teams do.

I'd hope the Panthers win in that situation if we had that many guys not play, in fact, I'm amazed they didn't beat us by more. The new stupid 17 game season also means this is probably the most meaningless and least impactful loss in Saints history.
Yep and Panthers took advantage of all that. They did what they were suppose to do. If the shoe was on the other foot Saints would have done the same. Nobody else is gonna feel sorry for the team 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yep and Panthers took advantage of all that. They did what they were suppose to do. If the shoe was on the other foot Saints would have done the same. Nobody else is gonna feel sorry for the team 🤷🏾‍♂️
Doesn't change how sad it was watching the Panthers players classesly run around cheering about how they finally beat a team after nine attempts despite knowing half of their starting roster was out/inactive/suspended. It just goes to show how much a week 2 game means to a bad franchise.

If this Saints team had all their coaches and starters, the Panthers would've been crushed per usual.

If we were 1-1 after having been destroyed by Green Bay and having destroyed the Panthers, everyone would be saying this team is where it needs to be while awaiting the return of our injured starters after the bye.

After week 1, expectations soared. Now they’ve plummeted. We’re still a 9-11 win team that could swing two additional games in either direction depending on both luck and whether we improve on the obvious deficiencies from yesterday (and, as far as the passing game goes, from both weeks).

there was a stat they showed on tv the percentage of teams making the playoffs being 1-1 vs. 0-2.

Especially losing to a divisional opponent. I have every confidence to say this loss will play into effect at the end of the season where fans will go, “what could have been had we not lost to Carolina…”
This will be one of those losses where we all look back and say, "how the hell did we lose to those guys?"

Remember, last season we blew out the Bucs to start the season and looked unstoppable, then we went on to lose to both the raiders and packers and almost lost to the Lions. Then we figured it all out and got on a run.

We'll be fine.

This will be one of those losses where we all look back and say, "how the hell did we lose to those guys?"

Remember, last season we blew out the Bucs to start the season and looked unstoppable, then we went on to lose to both the raiders and packers and almost lost to the Lions. Then we figured it all out and got on a run.

We'll be fine.
If last week was euphoria, this week is panic. Somewhere in between is our new reality.

Definitely no need to panic. It was a division game and the Panthers always play us tough. If this was a late season game, then we should be worried. But it's still early and we've had the same situation happen the last two years and still won the division. As injured as we are, would much rather let players get healed properly for the long run. It's over, on to New England with hope our coaches are healthy and we get some key players back on the field.

The Superbowl champs lost badly to a divisional opponent twice in the regular season last season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom