This loss was devastating. Heres why: (1 Viewer)

We trail SF by 2 now with them having the tiebreaker. Have to focus on the 2nd BYE and getting our guys healthy.

After an 11 day rest this is what we get? This was so, so painful to watch.

Not using Murray enough

Defense shat the bed, especially in the first half. The backfield was non-existent

2pt conversions lost us the game as well.

Kamara is definitely not the same. What the hell happened? How did he regress so bad?

Refs gifted the niners that entire drive starting with the phantom hold and culminating with the phantom helmet to helmet hit.

Cook getting concussed early on spelled the doom for the game.
Drew Brees, covers up and compensates for so much, as he always has.

Absolutely it was terrible to keep running Kamara and not Murray and on SHORT SIDE edge runs!!! ???

Absolutely the 2pt try and the fake punt were bad decisions, and momentum was sacrificed at times forcing Hill.

The coaching decisions were the kind that cost you in lots of little ways in a tight game, and were frustrating to watch running sweeps to a gimpy and clearly not "right" player. Wasted plays over and over.

Still they scored over 40 and in the end it was on the defense.

Yes, you could fire Dennis Allen tomorrow as far as I care because he calls schemes that can't defend the endzone from a team going the length of the field in 50 seconds and it keeps happening. He has a knack for finding a way to get his biggest liability players exploited with the biggest games on the line.

How are you going to feel in the playoffs if they lead by less than a score and the other team has the ball at the 20 with 55 seconds left?

Allen will be around here again as long as Payton wants him like the other friends hired...

french quarter was packed with niner fans all weekend, and they're going to be even more obnoxious and toxic tonight

That's normal though! What wasn't normal, or well in the past is how many actually come to the game. Two games this year (cowboys and 49ers) have had too many fans here. Way more than it should be. Its fans seeing an opportunity to get some money back.

if Seattle, Saints and SF have the same record, Seattle will likely win their division and Saints will hold tie-breaker with Seattle. SF's record won't mean a thing other than they are wild card team.

Exactly right . For us to get the 1 seed we need:

Saints win out

Rams beat Seahawks

Seahawks beat Niners

My dude with the click baitiest thread titles....straight from the buzzfeed playbook.

If you followed the Saints, you’d know it’s not the amount, it’s when.

I’ll give you 3.

On a San Fran drive that resulted in a TD....

Stop on 3rd.....VERY LIGHT defensive “hold”. 1st down.

Stop on 3rd again......hit to head on a guy falling way short, LEADING WITH HIS HEAD, about a foot off the ground. 1st down.

Fake punt. WR gets hugged seconds before ball is there......continues hugging through ball arriving. No call. Would have given us a 1st inside your 20.

Those three are all GAMECHANGERS......especially in a 2 point game.
They weren't going to throw the flag but the player dramatically grabbing his helmet in pain, the MOMENT he did that, the flags rained down like a downpour in a hurricane. I don't necessarily blame them, the optics were terrible but I said when that happened, ANYTIME one of our guys gets touched in the head, he needs to do that.

Seeing how our team responds to a tough playoff team like those Niners has given me more confidence in our own guys.

We needed to see this match. It could have gone either way and it was great football.

Losing this game in and of itself is not completely devastatin. It’s the way they lost and the complete collapse of the defense that kills me, Hell, the 49ers can still be a Wild Card because they may lost the division to Seattle. We have the tie breaker over Seattle. There is a scenario where we càn still be the #1 seed. It would be poetic justice if the 49ers were to be a wild card with 12-4 record or something similar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom