This loss was devastating. Heres why: (1 Viewer)

You do realize if Rams win tonight and Seattle beats the Niners we are the one seed if we handle our business, right?
Playing like this will not matter if we get no.1 seed.

You’re assuming GB wins out lol. Yea, not happening
I remember 2010 and 2013. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised. Their toughest match up is Kirk Cousins.

But... The top teams needs to start catching some Ls. Four potential 13 win teams is insane.

It was a tough loss but far from devastating. I am more worried about the injuries. Davenport, Rankins, Klein, Alonzo, & Henrickson on the defense is worrisome. Robertson on defense except for the INT was a liability all day. Williams just makes bone head plays in the defensive back field. The offense seemed to turn a corner today less Kamara. Overall the offense played fantastic today. TQS had a good game. He needs to be more assertive as a WR, tougher. Easton is doing a great job at left guard. We are not missing Peat. Next week will tell the tale.

Yeah, the game is troubling b/c the team still hasn't played a complete game all season and we routinely shoot ourselves in the foot with an elephant gun at least a couple of times a game. We do not currently look like a team that is consistent enough to win 3-4 games in a row against playoff-level competition. This team, while scrappy and resilient, does not inspire the same level of confidence in me that the 2009, 2011, or 2018 squads did. Yeah, yeah, I know "true" Saints fans never express frustrations about gut-wrenching losses after the game or voice doubts/concerns about the team, but this team is equal parts endearing and maddening (and yes, I'm old enough to remember the no-winning-season days, so if you want to drop that one or the "fair weather fan" label on me, well....I can't actually type my response because it would get me in trouble with the mods here).

Historically, there have been examples of teams that were inconsistent/merely good in the regular season but found another gear in the playoffs (last year's Pats, the 2012 Ravens). Our season's not over, but a reasonable person can watch how we've played and see very troubling trends.

This loss will have far reaching implications into the playoffs. We might not even get the bye
Losing this game in and of itself is not completely devastatin. It’s the way they lost and the complete collapse of the defense that kills me, Hell, the 49ers can still be a Wild Card because they may lost the division to Seattle. We have the tie breaker over Seattle. There is a scenario where we càn still be the #1 seed. It would be poetic justice if the 49ers were to be a wild card with 12-4 record or something similar.

Last edited:
We need to go back to Teddy, not because he is better than brees but because Sean Payton plays balanced football with Teddy.

Seriously? Saints had like 5 penalties all game but the refs helped the 9ers?
Yea i'll take the offense vs 49ners vs the one we got against Atlanta after a bye week off. The defense didn't play well but we lost by a field goal i just hope the offense can keep it going into the playoffs minus the negative plays with AK but its all good finsh the season out strong and let's see what happens

We trail SF by 2 now with them having the tiebreaker. Have to focus on the 2nd BYE and getting our guys healthy.

After an 11 day rest this is what we get? This was so, so painful to watch.

Not using Murray enough

Defense shat the bed, especially in the first half. The backfield was non-existent

2pt conversions lost us the game as well.

Kamara is definitely not the same. What the hell happened? How did he regress so bad?

Refs gifted the niners that entire drive starting with the phantom hold and culminating with the phantom helmet to helmet hit.

Cook getting concussed early on spelled the doom for the game.
We only need the 9ers to lose once as long as that once is to seattle, then seattle wins that division and WE hold the tiebreaker if seattle loses to somewhere else along the way, ie LAR tonight?

We only need the 9ers to lose once as long as that once is to seattle, then seattle wins that division and WE hold the tiebreaker if seattle loses to somewhere else along the way, ie LAR tonight?
People keep forgetting GB. If we finish 13-3 and GB does too, they hold the tiebreaker over us.

SF still has to win their division to get that 1st seed. They still have to play Seattle again.

Then again for the first time in forever I would just settle for the number 2 seed and be absolutely okay with it. I honestly think we are better on the road. We aren't a fast team so the inside is doing us no favors. I feel like its doing favors for teams like the 49ers.

Also it was embarrassing how many San Fran fans were in the stands today with us. The Saints fan base this year has been selling out big game to recoup that money. I mean if you can't afford season tickets then don't get season tickets. Seriously i bet a 3rd were 49ers fans. Sorry just frustrated. At point they were louder than us.

Yup louder than us when our offense was on the field. 49ers fans in the stands had zero repeat zero to do with the outcome of the game. Were you even at the game? Loudest I’ve ever heard it when the 49ers were on offense in years during the regular season. Traveling fans had zero to do with this loss

Seriously? Saints had like 5 penalties all game but the refs helped the 9ers?

Yes they helped you on key plays and at the right time. I don't see why people don't get this. A team could have zero penalties all game,but it only takes one bad call to cost them the game. The refs saved you in key moments and helped you score. We had you stopped and they threw a bs flag to extend your drive. Your team is good,but i don't you making it that far. Our mistakes and te refs helped.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom