This might be the most impressive Saints start ever (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Before you throw 2009 and 2018 and maybe 1991 at me, the team is still 9-2 with clear, unequivocal and unapologetic referee tampering AND our Hall of Fame bound quarterback missing half the games. I'm not sure any of those past years are as impressive as that. We're witnessing something truly special here. Of course when the refs bone us in the NFCCG on some spurious call against the 9ers, it won't matter, but still....

Before you throw 2009 and 2018 and maybe 1991 at me, the team is still 9-2 with clear, unequivocal and unapologetic referee tampering AND our Hall of Fame bound quarterback missing half the games. I'm not sure any of those past years are as impressive as that. We're witnessing something truly special here. Of course when the refs bone us in the NFCCG on some spurious call against the 9ers, it won't matter, but still....

The fact that puts it over the top for me is Drew missing 5 1/2 games and the team not missing a beat. Funny you mention 1991, which began 7-0 but that was with Hebert (!!) under center, mostly, before a shoulder injury. Steve Walsh came in and went just 2-4 as the starter despite having the Dome Patrol defense.

All agreed on the refs, of course.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom