This Obama stuff is getting out of hand (1 Viewer)

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
People are treating him like a rock star or something. Its on the border of worship almost as bad as the Ron Paul supporters.
Its looney
and its a little scary.

People are treating him like a rock star or something. Its on the border of worship almost as bad as the Ron Paul supporters.
Its looney
and its a little scary.

And it won't sell in the general election, imho.

Its looney
and its a little scary.

Maybe people feel that they finally have someone they don't have to be cynical about? That's cause for celebration.

It won't play in the general election. By then the excitement would have worn off.

However, if he stays clean and doesn't turn negative he is still positioned well for the long haul. Tax cuts for the middle class, tax cuts for companies that keep jobs in America, his insurance plan which is NOT socialized medicine but creates a voluntary program... these are all things that will play well in the more substantive discussions.

The current excitement is crazy. It will die down, and when it does people will be surprised just how much substance there is to the man beyond the hype.

Obama >> Your Mama

That'd make a great bumpersticker.

Howard Dean, anyone?

There's really no comparison. Obama is a much smoother politician. Dean's entire message was divisive and he had zero support from Republicans. Obama's message is positive and inclusive and has had surprising traction with a small percentage of Republicans that would consider voting (D). Last night even Hannity had to admit Obama's message was incredibly positive and Michael Steele indicated he might even consider voting for him.

To compare Obama and Dean is apples and walnuts (emphassis on the nuts).

I didn't see the segment, but if true then Steele should resign as chairman of GOPAC.

He stated that they are ideologically opposed but that he would be proud to see him as President and depending on the opposition might consider a vote for him himself. He then grinned for a few seconds and said "but we differ completely ideologically in almost every way."

I think he realized it may not have been the smartest statement after he said it. Hannity was also very positive in discussing Obama in the segment. Colmes was trying to swing people back over to Hillary.

As to Republican support there have been tons of articles on the subject. A quick Google of "Republican voting for Obama" will yield a number of articles and quotes from pollsters and Republican strategists on the subject.

I think Obama deserves it actually. He is blowing away the other candidates with his ability to inspire voters. Great speaker, intelligent, and has the right ideas. I have been heavily skeptical of Obama from the start but now Im starting to get swept up in the movement as well. There's no telling if he could live up to expectations as president. I may not vote for Obama in the primary but he is looking like an attractive option right now.

I see nothing at all out of the ordinary about the Obama phenomena. It’s not uncommon in an election cycle that a candidate emerges who rallies strong support based on a promise of change. I remember being caught up with it in the 91 primaries with Tsongas. In recent memory we've seen it with Dean.

Obama has tremendous charisma, he's a constitutional law scholar (ie. he's bright), and he has an appealing message of political reconciliation. It's not surprising after 8 years of divisiveness, corruption, incompetence and cronyism that people are flocking to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom