This Obama stuff is getting out of hand (1 Viewer)

Obama is the paper candidate... he looks great on paper, says a bunch of nice things that sound good -until you actually analyze them and realize they are completely unworkable.

And right now, he offers the media (which covers the presidential campaign like it is a sporting event) a "challenger" to the sense of inevitibility that surrounds the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Make no mistake, Clinton has the nomination sewn up.. the rest is just an exercise for public spectacle. She has the money, political backing and the machine in place to get her primary votes to secure the nomination.

The Republican side is in far more flux, because no candidate is really attractive to the base...the only thing they do have going for them is a untied dislike for Hillary, so regardless who gets the nomination, if Hillary is the opponent, there will be a record turnout to keep her out of office.

What strikes me as funny is that given the spin that Bush is so "unpopular" and "incompetent", this is the group of people anxious to take his job?

I suspect that if Bush could run for a third term, he'd take just about any of these people.

I'd be curious which of his proposals you find unworkable. I'd agree if we were talking about Huckster who's tax proposal has as much a chance of getting through Congress as I do of driving my kids power wheels to work but Obama's are all reasonable rationale doable proposals.

Hillary's healthcare program is unworkable as is her committed but not really approach to the war. Obama has yet to present anything that isn't workable and frankly doesn't have a pretty good chance of getting done if Dem's retain control of Congress.

Yep, Obama got 9 pledged and 3 Super delegates. Hillary got 9 pledged and 2 Super delegates.

I notice you always get a little something in about Ron Paul supporters. Whats your angle?

Surely you have noticed how a few of his supporters talk about him incessantly on this site. I just throw a few barbs at them in between an occasional serious post or two.

Howard Dean, anyone?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y969U-ELtCU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y969U-ELtCU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Colin Powell said yesterday that" he was very pleased in what Obama was doing or handling himself." If Powell can make that statement about Obama and still be a republican, nuff said for me. At the least he would be better than the two minkeys we now have in office.

Looking at the polling data from lastnight this morning shows a potential problem for Obama. In New Hampshire he was able to get Independent votes. However, Hillary pulled a larger percentage of the registered Democrat vote. Obama stayed close overall thanks to Independents. In closed Primary states Obama won't be able to have that advantage.

It may end up being nothing but it's something the Obama people should be concerned about. Obama really needs to try and convince Edwards to drop out and swing support to him. Offer him something in the Administration (I think VP would be a mistake). He needs to find a way to get Edwards to move on though. He'd probably get 60-70% of Edwards voters if that happened.

I heard someone say that NH voters (Dems, especially) are prodominantly older....most are over 55 or something like that. They went on to say that Hillary has ALWAYS had the over 55 Dem vote and that NH isn't a true reflection of the rest of the country because of this.

I'd be curious which of his proposals you find unworkable. I'd agree if we were talking about Huckster who's tax proposal has as much a chance of getting through Congress as I do of driving my kids power wheels to work but Obama's are all reasonable rationale doable proposals.

Hillary's healthcare program is unworkable as is her committed but not really approach to the war. Obama has yet to present anything that isn't workable and frankly doesn't have a pretty good chance of getting done if Dem's retain control of Congress.

Sorry, I post a lot at work, so sometimes it's hard for me to post adequate responses (or at least keep a rational thought going) because I keep having to toggle back and forth between screens.

In a nutshell, I think Obama is pandering to the protectionists and ignoring the realities of the global market when he talks about using the tax code to keep American buisnesses from relocating out of the country.

There are many, many foreign corporations that invest/move here to the U.S., and we don't say boo about it (unless they are a Dubai company and they are trying to buy into our seaports...other foreigners, however, are welcome) .

Consider: if Toyota wants to build a plant here in Louisiana, we would do anything we can to get it. But by Toyota building a plant here are they "taking away" Japanese jobs? It's not a zero-sum game. Toyota looks at it as an investment to increase their market share, and a way to reduce import costs by having things manufactured here. The same is true for American companies.

By having growing economies in other nations, we are also creating new markets for American companies to export to, because these people now have purchasing power.

Finally, such a protectionist stance ignores the reality that hundreds upon thousands of new buisnesses are created every day that will one day grow to become even greater than the one that left/closed shop.

It's a short term vision that will end up hurting far more than helping the average American.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom