This Obama stuff is getting out of hand (1 Viewer)

Here are some non PC comments many Obama folks love to criticize.

I won't vote for him because firstly I don't trust the democrat party. Too often they stand for getting elected into office instead of protecting the interest of the US and the ideals this country were built on. (and don;t come back with Bush slaughtering the constitution etc.)

I also won't vote for him because of his muslim ties. It may be a peaceful religion but its too much a volatile religion at this point to vote him into the highest office in the land. Heck, people are giving Romney all kinds of problems because he's Mormon, and Huckabee because he's christian. I have not seen world chaos and homicide bombers killing innocent people for the cause of those religions and yet people are willing to overlook a Muslim candidate?

I won't vote for him because he came out of nowhere just 4 years ago and his ancestral ties to this country is his mom. Sorry but I have a problem with this fast track to the presidency for the sole reason of trust and security.

I'm opposed to foreign nationals being able to be president but I would prefer allowing Arnold run for president before Obama if for no other reason than he has done more to prove to me he is 100% committed to the principles of the USA. We only have 4 years of Obama to know what he is truly about.

Last edited:
So you define "non PC" as ignorant and misinformed?

1. He's not a Muslim, he's a Christian.

2. He was born and raised in the US. Attended Columbia and Harvard. He has never even lived outside the US. He was first elected in his state in the early 90's. Ran for Senate but failed in 2000 and won in 2004.

1. He's not a Muslim, he's a Christian.

2. He was born and raised in the US. Attended Columbia and Harvard. He has never even lived outside the US. He was first elected in his state in the early 90's. Ran for Senate but failed in 2000 and won in 2004.

So a small population of people (compared to the whole US) in the Chicago area voted this guy as their representative and all of a sudden he's ready to be president? No this does not fly with me in todays world. Being a junior senator does not give me enough background to trust you as president.

I have seen several people achieve prominence and stature because they were good at selling themselves, saying what people wanted to hear and that is all they had. So far Obama says what everyone wants to hear but I'd rather give him more time to prove he stands behind what he says. Coming from congress he needs more of a track record. Vitter has the same experience as Obama.

Needless to say, I am one of those people who does not make a big purchase of the newest thing on the market nor an impulse purchase. Rather have some history of substance to base a decision on.

How would the adulation focused upon Obama compare with the movement of support for JFK?
(sigh) I've posed, then deleted this question due to 0 response. I suspect that voters today desire youthful change. So what if Obama is inexperienced? Only leading this nation headlong into armageddon could eclipse the buffoonery of our current regime.
I say, " Let's try. Let us usher in the future, as one truly united nation."

Last edited:
So a small population of people (compared to the whole US) in the Chicago area voted this guy as their representative and all of a sudden he's ready to be president? No this does not fly with me in todays world. Being a junior senator does not give me enough background to trust you as president.

I have seen several people achieve prominence and stature because they were good at selling themselves, saying what people wanted to hear and that is all they had. So far Obama says what everyone wants to hear but I'd rather give him more time to prove he stands behind what he says. Coming from congress he needs more of a track record. Vitter has the same experience as Obama.

Needless to say, I am one of those people who does not make a big purchase of the newest thing on the market nor an impulse purchase. Rather have some history of substance to base a decision on.

That's not what you said earlier -- you said he was a Muslim and had weak ties to this country, which is false.

I won't vote for him because firstly I don't trust the democrat party. Too often they stand for getting elected into office instead of protecting the interest of the US and the ideals this country were built on. (and don;t come back with Bush slaughtering the constitution etc.)
why can't we come back with Bush's manipulation/attempted manipulations of the Constitution? I don't trust either party. I see no reason why the GOP is more worthy of my trust than any other. You think Republicans don't run just to get elected and out of self-interest? Please.... this is utter nonsense.

I also won't vote for him because of his muslim ties. It may be a peaceful religion but its too much a volatile religion at this point to vote him into the highest office in the land. Heck, people are giving Romney all kinds of problems because he's Mormon, and Huckabee because he's christian. I have not seen world chaos and homicide bombers killing innocent people for the cause of those religions and yet people are willing to overlook a Muslim candidate?
Crusades? Spanish Inquisition? Religious cleansing and wars in France and Europe? The mass murder of people refusing to convert to Christianity anywhere settlers went? Silence (up until recently) regarding the extermination of Jews before and during WW2? Acting like Christians are the religious moral compass and standard for any other religion is completely dismissable.

This also sounds like people dismissing Kennedy because he was Catholic and they feared him becoming a papal puppet and his Catholic ties.

And why would they give him problems for being Muslim when he is not?

I won't vote for him because he came out of nowhere just 4 years ago and his ancestral ties to this country is his mom. Sorry but I have a problem with this fast track to the presidency for the sole reason of trust and security.
"ancestral ties"? What sort of legitimacy is that? What does one's ancestry mean? How far back should you have to go in order to run for president? Doesn't that run counter to the meritocratic rhetoric this nation prides itself on (however true or false)

I'm opposed to foreign nationals being able to be president but I would prefer allowing Arnold run for president before Obama if for no other reason than he has done more to prove to me he is 100% committed to the principles of the USA. We only have 4 years of Obama to know what he is truly about.
So..... opposed to foreign nationals but Arnold is okay. So it's not about where people are from - it's about the amount of time they've lived here?

This entire thread reads of nothing but hypocrisy.

Here are some non PC comments many Obama folks love to criticize.
they are criticized not for being non-PC, but because they are too inherently contradictory to make any sense and it seems a product of media-fed xenophobia.

And I am not an one of "Obama folk" either - I'm a pretty staunch libertarian so Obama gives me pause for other reasons.

Why cant we come back with everything Bush has done? Because you know there is more reason to distrust the Republican party, and you just dont want to face reality?

Seriously? His "muslim ties"? His dad was Muslim. Obama is Christian.

Secondly, you dont see christians killing people in the name of god? The whole Catholics vs Protestants thing in Ireland ring a bell? Not to mention the extreme right-wingers who approve of Iraq mainly because its killing Muslims?

Security? What, so just because his ancestors havent been here for generations and have loads of cash from shady oil deals with terrorist-supporting countries like Bush's family, that makes him un-trustworthy? Or is it the part where he's self-made and doesnt rely on mommy and daddy's cash?

Maybe YOU have only had 4 years of Obama to know what he's about, but anyone who does a little reading has a lot more time than that to know his ideals and principles, which have driven his entire life.

Sadly, the muslim thing will probably persist all the way to the election, because people are lazy and stupid, and let themselves be scared by Fox News into being followers.

Why cant we come back with everything Bush has done? Because you know there is more reason to distrust the Republican party, and you just dont want to face reality?

Seriously? His "muslim ties"? His dad was Muslim. Obama is Christian.

Secondly, you dont see christians killing people in the name of god? The whole Catholics vs Protestants thing in Ireland ring a bell? Not to mention the extreme right-wingers who approve of Iraq mainly because its killing Muslims?

Security? What, so just because his ancestors havent been here for generations and have loads of cash from shady oil deals with terrorist-supporting countries like Bush's family, that makes him un-trustworthy? Or is it the part where he's self-made and doesnt rely on mommy and daddy's cash?

Maybe YOU have only had 4 years of Obama to know what he's about, but anyone who does a little reading has a lot more time than that to know his ideals and principles, which have driven his entire life.

Sadly, the muslim thing will probably persist all the way to the election, because people are lazy and stupid, and let themselves be scared by Fox News into being followers.

I am picking your post to reply to only because it is the last one posted.

So tell me what you know of Barak Obama? I attempted to learn a little more about about him with a simple search on the internet and have even more questions about him than before. The media, the DNC, and His own website tout his upbringing from is immigrant father and his mother from Kansas. Well why are they not giveing us the rest of the story? Barak was not "raised" solely in this country and he was not "raised" by his father.

I have not checked facts but here is a snapshot of what I quickly read from sites other than his own or those supporting him. I tried to filter out the blatant untruths. I have not heard any of this part of his life being spoken about.

His mother (an Aethiest) met his Kenyan father in Hawaii.
They divorced when Barak was 2 (1963) and his father eventually went back to Kenya and Barak did not see him again till he was around 21.?
His mother remarried a man from Indonesia and when Barak was 6 years old they relocated to Jakarta Indonesia. From there his schooling has different versions from a muslim school and then a Catholic school. We are left taking his word and the word of his Muslim teachers for what they were teaching.

He spent 4-5 years in Indonesia when his mom sent him back to hawaii to live with his maternal grandmother.
I have not found an account of his life from there until he says he went to Columbia in 1983.

Obama only started attending church regularly and declaring himself a christian after he realized he wanted to get into politics. So the question can be legitimately asked if he is a churchgoing person for the right reasons or is he there as a means to an end?

I now no even less about Barak Obama, his family ties, his family beliefs. From what I read he is a well rounded individual of differing cultures but at the same time its that same life in those cultures that is a concern.

Yes!! His acestoral background is definitely a factor in his candidacy for President of the United States of America because he has TOO many ties beyond our shores.

Barak Obama probably is a great person and he is probably in it for the right reasons, but there is definitely reason for more concern of this quick riser than any other presidential candidate.

Well personally I think is foreign ties are a positive, not a negative. I think it would garner us more international respect than any of the remaining Republican canidates. (Though so would Hillary most likely)

I'm curious how much you know of the upbringing of any of the other candidates. I'll bet, just off what you posted, you know more now about Obama's upbringing than any of the other candidates.

ya know.. i'm not about to vote on experience either... simple fact , the longer one/s tied into that mess. the more they belong to the system..
the system is trash.. we need a change.

ya know.. i'm not about to vote on experience either... simple fact , the longer one/s tied into that mess. the more they belong to the system..
the system is trash.. we need a change.

Very good point Rob!

This is the exact thing GWB gained so many followers over. He constantly claimed to be an outsider...not one of them Washington folks etc. The less time Obama has in Congress the better for him to get elected for president (or even VP, which may be a real option here).

I like the guy - and for most people, that usually is the bottom line.

Shiz

Very good point Rob!

This is the exact thing GWB gained so many followers over. He constantly claimed to be an outsider...not one of them Washington folks etc. The less time Obama has in Congress the better for him to get elected for president (or even VP, which may be a real option here).

I like the guy - and for most people, that usually is the bottom line.

Shiz

Yeah - that is why I am not ready to vote for Obama.
for me this election is about competence. Not ideology. Electing someone incompetent for the job has proven to be a disaster. Its time to go the other way.

I'm a huge conservative....or at least I thought I was until I started looking at the 'tax and economy' issues...but anyways, I like Obama. As of right now he wouldn't be my vote but he is a FARRRR cry above Gore, Kerry, or Clinton.

I'm not sure which Repub I like, each one has a stance on an issue that I really like and a stance that I don't. It might be McCain or Huckabee for me. Romney just seems to be on the attack to much. Unlike with the past two elections, though, if its Obama for the Dems, it won't seem like such a big 'win or lose bad' situation. It'll be more of a 'win or I can live with Obama' thing.

And its his positivism, record of working well with the other party, and stance against lobbyists that I like a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom