This Obama stuff is getting out of hand (2 Viewers)

I'm curious how much you know of the upbringing of any of the other candidates. I'll bet, just off what you posted, you know more now about Obama's upbringing than any of the other candidates.

Yep you are correct and I suggest others try to learn more about his upbringing as well. I guess many of you are the same who support the liberals attempt to allow illegal aliens the right to vote?

I guess many of you are the same who support the liberals attempt to allow illegal aliens the right to vote?

Only if they promise to come here and take your job. And if they promise to vote Democrat for life, they get a free Cadillac as well.

ya know.. i'm not about to vote on experience either... simple fact , the longer one/s tied into that mess. the more they belong to the system..
the system is trash.. we need a change.

Trust me, if they are a viable party backed candidate they are a part of the system. You may think they are not but neither party is going to allow their candidate to not be a facilitator of their agenda.

Yep you are correct and I suggest others try to learn more about his upbringing as well. I guess many of you are the same who support the liberals attempt to allow illegal aliens the right to vote?

I actually know much more about him than you posted. His book The Audacity of Hope is a good way to "get to know him."

As to the rest I have actually never met anyone trying to accomplish that.

Yeah - that is why I am not ready to vote for Obama.
for me this election is about competence. Not ideology. Electing someone incompetent for the job has proven to be a disaster. Its time to go the other way.

Yeah, but Bush had a proven record of incompetence. His life was a study in incompetence.

To me, Hillary is the more Bush-like candidate. The sense of entitlement. The partisan mentality. I don't doubt she's competent, but I don't want someone who knows how to play the game- I want someone who will change the game.

People are treating him like a rock star or something. Its on the border of worship almost as bad as the Ron Paul supporters.
Its looney
and its a little scary.

I notice you always get a little something in about Ron Paul supporters. Whats your angle?

Conversation I had with someone who claims to be "moderate".

"There's no way I'm voting for someone named Barak Obama. That dude is a Muslim extremist."

"I refuse to decide my vote based on someone's name. And he's not Muslim as far as I can tell, much less extremists."

"Uhhh...well...his dad was Muslim."

"Maybe so. My dad was a preacher. Do you see me standing in a pulpit? Not that I'm going to vote for the man, but I'll base my decision on substance, not his name."

"Well I think we need Bill Richardson."

"But you don't like Hispanics."

"He doesn't have a Hispanic name though."

:covri:

And to think that guys vote counts just as much as yours or mine. Sort of unfair.

As for Obama, I believe in just about nothing the guy stands for, but he is a GREAT orator and will get a lot of votes in a general election. Just wait until Hollywood jumps on board the Obama train. As a republican, he scares me. I'd much rather Hillary winning the nomination. That said, I think he can be beaten., but I don't think Romney could. McCain may be able to. I think Huck and Rudy could beat him, but each of them could splinter the Republican party. It's going to be an interesting election year.

Last edited:
Hollywood has jumped aboard the Obama train a long, long time ago. The only thing that you should fear as a Republican is change, along with a departure from abject stupidity in Office.

I actually know much more about him than you posted. His book The Audacity of Hope is a good way to "get to know him."

As to the rest I have actually never met anyone trying to accomplish that.

I doubt I will buy the book and spend time to read it because If he wrote a book about himself I am pretty sure it is going be just a little biased.

I doubt I will buy the book and spend time to read it because If he wrote a book about himself I am pretty sure it is going be just a little biased.

Wow, you may want to read what the guy has to say HIMSELF before being so negative. I read that one and his book "Dreams from my Father" which will let you know all about him, his background, race, relationship with his parents etc. My copy had his DNC keynote speech in it as well. Very good words and they are matching the same words today, plus his voting record in the Senate. He is trying to do the right thing...at least from my foxhole. Read some of his words and try to get to know him before judging him. That may be a little better than always taking Ann Coulture or Rush Limbaugh take on people. People will sometimes surprise you if you give them the opportunity. Either way, as long as you vote.

Shiz

Looking at the polling data from lastnight this morning shows a potential problem for Obama. In New Hampshire he was able to get Independent votes. However, Hillary pulled a larger percentage of the registered Democrat vote. Obama stayed close overall thanks to Independents. In closed Primary states Obama won't be able to have that advantage.

It may end up being nothing but it's something the Obama people should be concerned about. Obama really needs to try and convince Edwards to drop out and swing support to him. Offer him something in the Administration (I think VP would be a mistake). He needs to find a way to get Edwards to move on though. He'd probably get 60-70% of Edwards voters if that happened.

Maybe President Clinton will allow him to be Vice President. Although, I don't know why.

Obama is the paper candidate... he looks great on paper, says a bunch of nice things that sound good -until you actually analyze them and realize they are completely unworkable.

And right now, he offers the media (which covers the presidential campaign like it is a sporting event) a "challenger" to the sense of inevitibility that surrounds the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Make no mistake, Clinton has the nomination sewn up.. the rest is just an exercise for public spectacle. She has the money, political backing and the machine in place to get her primary votes to secure the nomination.

The Republican side is in far more flux, because no candidate is really attractive to the base...the only thing they do have going for them is a untied dislike for Hillary, so regardless who gets the nomination, if Hillary is the opponent, there will be a record turnout to keep her out of office.

What strikes me as funny is that given the spin that Bush is so "unpopular" and "incompetent", this is the group of people anxious to take his job?

I suspect that if Bush could run for a third term, he'd take just about any of these people.

Obama only started attending church regularly and declaring himself a christian after he realized he wanted to get into politics. So the question can be legitimately asked if he is a churchgoing person for the right reasons or is he there as a means to an end?

Can't the same be asked of Bush and his decision to become a born-again Christian? Just looking up that aspect of Bush's life, you find discrepancies as to when and why as well as references to the Skull and Bones society, the Illuminati, Generational Witchcraft of his father and grandfather, and the Masons. What to make of it all? Alot of it sounds pretty far-fetched and I am a Bush critic

I personally don't see Bush as a true Christian in any way and see it more as a means to a political end in his life. But that's a judgment call on my part. And neither of us has any way of knowing if we are correct. My only point in bringing this up is that the same questions you keep asking about Obama are the ones you keep acting as if the Republicans or Bush is immune to.
:covri:

What's with all of the generalizations?

I do not support allowing illegals to vote. My wife is a Canadian citizen and a permanent resident of the United States following years of paperwork, documentation, interviews, consulate visits, etc...

And I don't think she should have the right to vote - and she's LEGAL, just not a citizen.

What does one even have to do with the other? It seems like a non-sequiter generalization that comes off more as a soundbite than something relevant to the points you are making.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom